• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 12:05:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,351
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 768
Total: 768

Wednesday's cup of Joe

Started by Mugwump, April 12, 2017, 06:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..good morn'n everyone....what great coffee on another gloomy looking beginning of a day....mild frost to start, mid 60's later.....with rain moving back through the area....

..fish room putz'n this morning....some water changes...filter cleaning ..yada yada....I'm sure there will be a couple errands sometime too.. huh

..might get a nice walk in with Sassy ...we'll see when the rain is due... huh

...now back for more coffee, and making pot #2
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Another great morning pot of coffee. It's going to be a very nice day with temps in the 70s. Was supposed to get a morning shower but it missed us to the north.

Lots of work to do here. Packing, packing and more packing. I have a closing date on the new place of April 27th so I need to get my but in high gear. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...sat back in the recliner and fell asleep.... 8)...nice little morn'n n nap... |^|

...gotta get going here too.....time to feed Kasey's Betta fry......(8) tanks worth....LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

..good start here...lotsa sunshine and good coffee....

...going to mail few Easter cards and trinkets to the grands in a few minutes...then off to Queen Creed to get cortisone shot in arthritic big toe joint to see if that curbs the pain enough for long walks...if not, then I'm getting the bones fused...tired of dealing with it...

..tonight going to big group bonfire up on the hill...more goodbye parties for those going away for the summer...we'll miss them, but it will be quiet here....
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 12, 2017, 11:12:14 AM

...going to mail few Easter cards and trinkets to the grands in a few minutes...then off to Queen Creed to get cortisone shot in arthritic big toe joint to see if that curbs the pain enough for long walks...if not, then I'm getting the bones fused...tired of dealing with it...

..tonight going to big group bonfire up on the hill...more goodbye parties for those going away for the summer...we'll miss them, but it will be quiet here....

.....and......more room in the pool  |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on April 12, 2017, 11:16:00 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on April 12, 2017, 11:12:14 AM

.....and......more room in the pool  |^|
...for sure...all 4 of them...! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 12, 2017, 10:57:17 AM
...sat back in the recliner and fell asleep.... 8)...nice little morn'n n nap... |^|

...gotta get going here too.....time to feed Kasey's Betta fry......(8) tanks worth....LOL

I'm exhausted already and I haven't done anything. Every time I start something I get interrupted. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 12, 2017, 01:41:15 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 12, 2017, 10:57:17 AM

I'm exhausted already and I haven't done anything. Every time I start something I get interrupted. huh

...LOL...never fails... wfwf
Jon

LizStreithorst

The magic want struck while I was at work today.  So it needs a little TLC.  It needs nothing that is over my head except the final leveling because I've never done that.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

I replace the shingles with tin and just stomp around on the floor to see if I need I need to do more than patch it.  The guy who fell through it must go 220 lbs.

Mugwump

...that reminds me of a tree house us kids made up in the woods......generation after generation remodeled and added to it......it was up about 15-20 feet....ah memories  |^|
Jon

waterboy

That hole in the floor looks like it would make a nice entrance for the chickens if the house is going to stay that far off the ground.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: waterboy on April 12, 2017, 03:40:44 PM
That hole in the floor looks like it would make a nice entrance for the chickens if the house is going to stay that far off the ground.

That's in interesting idea.

wallace

That should make a fine chicken house. With my barn I just took a saw and cut a cloister shaped chicken door in the wall. A piece of 5/8 or 3/4" plywood to patch the hole in the floor... I did that but it gets in the way when I'm cleaning-- the rake or flat shovel catches on the edge.

Are you going to build an outdoor section of coop, or have them come and go directly from free range to the building?
Dan

LizStreithorst

I will fence it.  I would love to let the chickens be free range but I just don't trust a couple of my dogs. 
A door for the chickens from a hole in the floor sounded interesting at first but then I realized that all their bedding would fall out the hall and make a mess under the coop.  I'll patch it by cutting a piece of ply wood to the correct dimensions, nailing in some 1X4's under the hole and laying the plywood on top.