• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 07:14:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 767
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 745
Total: 747

Good Monday

Started by LizStreithorst, August 07, 2017, 06:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

My house is cleaner than it has been in months.  Imagine me taking 2 full days to clean house and still not having everything pristine.  Embarrassing, but true.  At least it's to the point where anyone can come in and think it's clean, except for all the stuff I have on the dining room table that I haven't got around to yet.  The kitchen and my office were the worst.  The kitchen because I had to Clorox all those cabinet doors (they grow what looks like mold on them.  No shit), the office because I let it go forever and just pile stuff up on anything flat. I actually found a Furminator when I cleaned the desk, so I Furminated a Roxie who needs more than a slicker brush.

Still have dry wall to Clorox in the few places the dogs lean against.  Have to oil the furniture.  And then the killer...I have a million windows to clean inside and out.  That said, it is certainly delightful to walk around the joint and see all the cleanliness.  It smells great, too!

I think I'll take my dirty body into my squeaky clean bath room, and get in to my squeaky clean tub for a good long soak.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 07, 2017, 06:03:56 PM
My house is cleaner than it has been in months.  Imagine me taking 2 full days to clean house and still not having everything pristine.  Embarrassing, but true.  At least it's to the point where anyone can come in and think it's clean, except for all the stuff I have on the dining room table that I haven't got around to yet.  The kitchen and my office were the worst.  The kitchen because I had to Clorox all those cabinet doors (they grow what looks like mold on them.  No shit), the office because I let it go forever and just pile stuff up on anything flat. I actually found a Furminator when I cleaned the desk, so I Furminated a Roxie who needs more than a slicker brush.

Still have dry wall to Clorox in the few places the dogs lean against.  Have to oil the furniture.  And then the killer...I have a million windows to clean inside and out.  That said, it is certainly delightful to walk around the joint and see all the cleanliness.  It smells great, too!

I think I'll take my dirty body into my squeaky clean bath room, and get in to my squeaky clean tub for a good long soak.

...did you know that good old hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle kills mold/mildew........spray, let it work a bit....then wash with Mr Clean, or whatever, to clean the residue off....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I didn't know that.  I'll try it next time.

I think the problem is that the guy who built my house had my cabinet doors made by a door making place that makes them out of particle board!  Once they're painted you can't tell.  I found out when moisture got in the board and it started making ugly puffed up places.  It's not bad but one one day I'll have to have them replaced with decent doors.  I guess that using particle board in a kitchen and bath room isn't as bad using on it on a fish tank stand, but still...
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

And a good what's left of Monday to you too, Liz....

Trying to keep up with you, I've spent the last 2 days cleaning up around the outside of the house...clearing off the new patio and deck yesterday so today we would have a place for the new patio furniture to go....I'm totally bushed and find it hard to even think about getting up out of my recliner right now!!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron