• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 10:07:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,344
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 767
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 752
Total: 752

Wednesday's wtf......

Started by Mugwump, July 20, 2017, 02:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

After the deluge, and thorms, last night and this morn'n, they just put the auxiliary drain pump across/down the street.....then my phone chirped a weather alert..... huh

... Flash Flood Watch in effect from Friday afternoon through
Saturday morning...

The National Weather Service in Chicago has issued a

* Flash Flood Watch for portions of north central Illinois and
  northeast Illinois, including the following areas, in north
  central Illinois, Boone, De Kalb, La Salle, Lee, Ogle, and
  Winnebago. In northeast Illinois, Cook, dupage, Grundy, Kane,
  Kendall, Lake IL, McHenry, and will.

* From Friday afternoon through Saturday morning.

* Multiple rounds of thunderstorms producing heavy rainfall, with
  rates well over one inch per hour, are likely to move across
  portions of north central and northeast Illinois late Friday
  afternoon through early Saturday morning.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.

You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should flash flood warnings be issued.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

We were in one in 2010 the basement filled up in 15 mins but had time to get all stuff up to the first floor. I have a stairwell down to basement and the water filled it up door held it for about 10 mins then it broke in. 15 mins later it was at top step and electric panel was still working people were walking in water I thought for sure someone was gonna get fried we left went to holiday inn the next day got a dumpster and wrecked basement when water was gone. Sucks I will always help when a town or village gets hit like that  bring lunches stuff like that
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Mugwump

..it's so dark here now, you'd think this is Friday....LOL....but we'll have something blow up before long.....dew point's up around 78-79deg's....the air is really saturated.... wfwf
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Tony44

Just grilled some burgers and it is getting ready to rain here again
RIGHT TURN CLYDE