• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 02:52:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,339
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 915
  • Online ever: 915
  • (Today at 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 541
Total: 541

I've Been Thinking!(NEVER A GOOD THING)

Started by b125killer, August 31, 2015, 08:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Scott

b125killer

Found this guy lurking about tonight. I think he hitched a ride in a empty snail shell. Not to sure how I feel about bristle worms. But he found a home and as long as he doesn't bother anything he can stay.
Scott

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Now it's starting to look like something. I got a Duncan coral and purple tip hammer coral yesterday. The small frags but they are still cool. I also got a Halloween Crab. I'll have to try and get a decent pic of him.
Scott

b125killer

Scott

Mugwump

Jon

Mugwump

...you should have seen the frag's at the AE show.....they had 'salt' folks showing/selling all over the place...
Jon

b125killer

Someone glued them to there plugs but it wasn't me lol. I know that Beyond The Reef was at the show, Maybe next time. For know I'm just hoping these coral don't melt. If they do good I want to get a bird of paradise coral. This one is a sps coral, the birdnest coral are supposed to be a good beginner spsific coral.
Scott

wsantia1

Great job you are doing there Scott. It looks really good. I didn't like what I read in that link by Jon about that Bristleworm though. Keep up the good work. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Wow Scott!  I was thinking about your tank as I missed checking out a few of your posts. You're doing a super job. I love how there's so much activity in there...something that has to be seen up close to appreciate.  |^|
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

Thank's guys, I have added a few more critters to the tank. Two clownfish, pulsing xenia coral, and purple/blue mushroom coral.

This is one of the conditions I had to meet to start a saltwater tank. Michelle wanted clownfish(Nemo) and his dad Marlin. I tried to tell her there both males for now but one will switch and become a female. She doesn't care, so will have a female named Marlin. The second condition was to get them to host a anemone. They are hosting the hammer frag And I'm not happy about that. It's such a small frag that the fish are irritating it. They Might "love" it to death. I'm not sure I want to put a anemone in the tank. there not really reef safe. they will move on there own and have a powerful sting that can hurt or kill coral. I might have to shell out the money to get a decent size colony of hammer or frogspawn coral. I'll wait and see if this hammer will hold up to the clowns. 

I had to take a video of the xenia. You have to watch the video to see why there called pulsing xenia. Some people say there a weed and shouldn't be kept. I really like them, I'm not to worried about them spreading.

And here is the blue/purple mushroom. not much to say about him. Other than looking neat he doesn't do anything. It will spread or I can cut them and glue them. there hardy and hard to kill off. 

Scott

Mugwump

Jon

b125killer

There's still a few corals I'm looking for. I want a Eagle Eye Zoanthus

And birds of paradise coral. This one is a sps coral. it's going to take a little more work to care for it. But the birds nest corals are suppose to be a good starter for sps corals.
Scott

BallAquatics

Very nice Scott.  I'm intrigued by the thought of propagating some coral.

Dennis