• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 09:48:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 761
Total: 761

Introducing Milo

Started by LizStreithorst, March 08, 2017, 04:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

He was given to me this morning.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

He is handsome!  Tell us how he came to you? 
Barb

wsantia1

Nice looking dog Liz. Good luck with him. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...good looking pup......very nice.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Very nice.  He's one of those African dogs isn't he?

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I will blather on about his conformation.  I love his laid back shoulderd and arched neck.  His chest is deep, his front legs are straight, his rear legs look well angulated.  He looks like he will be able to run like the wind.  (I just got back from walking the dogs up and down the road.  He can run like the wind)

He is a much more timid boy that he appears in the picture.  That's why I named him Milo.  He's doing so much better after being home with me and the rest of the dogs in just these few hours.  I can bring out his self confidence.  I've done that with dogs before.  It doesn't happen over night.  I think I'll give him a push start by changing his name to Bruno.  I have never heard of a subservient Bruno, have you?

Barb, A mentally retarded lady came to the shop yesterday and asked if I knew someone who would take her dog.  She seemed to be distressed.  She didn't have the dog with her.  I told her that I would have to meet the dog before I could help her.  She came today.  She was on foot like yesterday but carrying the dog today.  I saw this terrified trembling small dog.  His eyes were full of fear and despair.  I knew that if I took him I'd be saving a life.  I've been wanting another dog for a while.  I've been to the humane society several times but never saw one that needed me.  This one does.

Dennis, he's nothing but a mutt off the street.  Any resplendence to a purebred is purely coincidental.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 08, 2017, 07:09:31 PM
I will blather on about his conformation.  I love his laid back shoulderd and arched neck.  His chest is deep, his front legs are straight, his rear legs look well angulated.  He looks like he will be able to run like the wind.  (I just got back from walking the dogs up and down the road.  He can run like the wind)

He is a much more timid boy that he appears in the picture.  That's why I named him Milo.  He's doing so much better after being home with me and the rest of the dogs in just these few hours.  I can bring out his self confidence.  I've done that with dogs before.  It doesn't happen over night.  I think I'll give him a push start by changing his name to Bruno.  I have never heard of a subservient Bruno, have you?

Barb, A mentally retarded lady came to the shop yesterday and asked if I knew someone who would take her dog.  She seemed to be distressed.  She didn't have the dog with her.  I told her that I would have to meet the dog before I could help her.  She came today.  She was on foot like yesterday but carrying the dog today.  I saw this terrified trembling small dog.  His eyes were full of fear and despair.  I knew that if I took him I'd be saving a life.  I've been wanting another dog for a while.  I've been to the humane society several times but never saw one that needed me.  This one does.

Dennis, he's nothing but a mutt off the street.  Any resplendence to a purebred is purely incidental.

He a very nice looking dog Liz and he does need you. I'm sure you'll bring him out the confidence in him.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 08, 2017, 07:12:44 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on March 08, 2017, 07:09:31 PM

Dennis, he's nothing but a mutt off the street.  Any resplendence to a purebred is purely incidental.

He a very nice looking dog Liz and he does need you. I'm sure you'll bring him out the confidence in him.

....have fun, Liz....he needs you....I'll bet he's a quick learner too.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

I'm not knowledgeable about dogs but I think he is a beauty!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wallace

Its hard to tell how big he is. Is he a little dog?
Dan

LizStreithorst

About 15" at the shoulder.  He'll grow a bit larger but mostly he'll fill out.