• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 07:49:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 739
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 739
Total: 739

WIfi Pinoy pair

Started by Mugwump, December 05, 2015, 06:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..just finished a nice spawn....might yank it too.... huh....we'll see in the morn'n how it's doing...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Congrats. Best of luck with those wifi. |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

...I had moved these two back to an upper 30gal....they like it more, the spawn was very neat and precise.....still look very good this morn'n..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 06, 2015, 06:24:16 AM
...I had moved these two back to an upper 30gal....they like it more, the spawn was very neat and precise.....still look very good this morn'n..

Do you find that pairs like it better in the upper level tanks? I think they do better for me in the upper levels but I am a small sample size.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 06, 2015, 06:50:39 AM

Do you find that pairs like it better in the upper level tanks? I think they do better for me in the upper levels but I am a small sample size.

Yes, I do.....there are exceptions tho, the Plat pair does fine in a lower rack in the middle of the room,. ...for some, being on a lower tier..and.. being at a less traveled area of the room makes them spooky....and that's never good for pairs.....

Wilds...different story...I've found that they prefer the more quiet, less traveled, sections of the room.....

There are always exceptions, of course....that's why it's so important to observe 'your' own fish for signs indicating a preference....i e....where they are happiest.. |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 06, 2015, 07:03:36 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on December 06, 2015, 06:50:39 AM

I agree. I moved my Koi back up to a higher level and they have spawned twice in the last 10 days. I had them in a lower tank for a while when I was letting a previous spawn of their's grow out a bit and I don't think they spawned once. lol

Yes, I do.....there are exceptions tho, the Plat pair does fine in a lower rack in the middle of the room,. ...for some, being on a lower tier..and.. being at a less traveled area of the room makes them spooky....and that's never good for pairs.....

Wilds...different story...I've found that they prefer the more quiet, less traveled, sections of the room.....

There are always exceptions, of course....that's why it's so important to observe 'your' own fish for signs indicating a preference....i e....where they are happiest.. |^|
Willie

Mugwump

....Nice spawn by the Pinoy's....only a few 'whities' after the first 24hrs....

Jon

wsantia1

Really looking sweet there Jon.  |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 06, 2015, 08:12:21 AM
Really looking sweet there Jon.  |^| |^| |^|

We'll see how they do.....it'd be nice.. |^|
Jon