• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 06:40:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,359
  • Total Topics: 18,544
  • Online today: 779
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 757
Total: 757

Who?

Started by LizStreithorst, December 20, 2014, 08:38:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Who in the States is breeding Albino Daltums?  They are drop dead goreous Angelfish but as soon as I saw them I knew that breeding them was not for me.  I'm too stuck on parent raising to mess with them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

ghonk

I have a pair that spawn regularly,they spawned this morning.
Probably going to pull the wigglers this time before they eat them.
Raising them of the first 3 weeks or so is a crazy amount of work,getting them to feed and keeping the tank extra clean and them off the bottom.
Here's some from an earlier spawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdhTNqMscHE

LizStreithorst

Wow, the kids you raised are all good.  There is one at 25 seconds into the video that I makes me drool.  I hope you kept that one.

What do you get for them at quarter size?  I'm not out to buy any, but if I were I'd prefer to buy from a good US breeder rather than an importer.

ghonk

I sold all of those at dime to nickel size.
Most for $15 each,got a little more for some.
I kept 12 for future breeders.

LizStreithorst

They're well worth that. Just out of curiosity, do you have any pics of the ones you kept as potential breeders?

ghonk

I don't have any recent pics,i might have some of them at quarter+,will see if i can find them.