• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 21, 2024, 03:55:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,359
  • Total Topics: 18,544
  • Online today: 782
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 759
Total: 759

What strain?

Started by LizStreithorst, July 02, 2017, 07:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I've been calling these gold pearl scales but I think that since the orange part is only is limited to the dorsal area of the fish I'm thinking that they're called something else.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

....could be a Sunset    g/g S/S.....fins are clear except the dorsal...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I wish I could figure out which pair they came from.  They were born back when I was cranking out fish for the wholesaler and consolidating spawns from different parents into better size tanks.  At the time it seemed that I was doing the logical thing wfwf  I have a bunch of platinum ps's too as well as a bunch of the ghost and silver types.

I don't guess they're anything special, are they?  Being gg/SS my guess is that they would breed true.  What might happen if I were to cross to a blue blusher (not ps) or a gold blusher (also not ps). 

These fish all come from the group of wifi blue marbles you suggest I look at on Aquabid.  Breeding them sib to sib and mother to son and aunt to nephew has taken me an a fun adventure that I never expected.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 02, 2017, 08:37:43 PM
I wish I could figure out which pair they came from.  They were born back when I was cranking out fish for the wholesaler and consolidating spawns from different parents into better size tanks.  At the time it seemed that I was doing the logical thing wfwf  I have a bunch of platinum ps's too as well as a bunch of the ghost and silver types.

I don't guess they're anything special, are they?  Being gg/SS my guess is that they would breed true.  What might happen if I were to cross to a blue blusher (not ps) or a gold blusher (also not ps). 

These fish all come from the group of wifi blue marbles you suggest I look at on Aquabid.  Breeding them sib to sib and mother to son and aunt to nephew has taken me an a fun adventure that I never expected.

..if the blue blusher +/+ S/S happens to carry a gold(likely)....you'll get more of the same...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson