• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 02:19:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 815
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 760
Total: 760

Sunday swap coffee

Started by Mugwump, September 18, 2016, 04:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...Coffee's very good....about ready to go down and load up the fish....it's been a long couple days and today will be another long one...but it'll be fun swap day of meeting new folks....here's hoping that we get a decent turnout... |^|

It's in the 50's now headed for the mid 70's....a nice day for the event.... |^|

see ya all later on.....wish us luck!

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

nix70c

Good luck Jon, wouldn't miss it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Rjb3

wsantia1

Have lots of fun. Pics please. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

greydragon

yes have lots of fun and please share loads of pics with us please |^|

Mugwump

The swap was wonderful....for a first swap in Rockford, in a new venue, our 1st attempt......it was very pleasing to look out and see folks lining up to get tickets... ;D |^| ;D....saw our good friends Bob/Gale, Alex was there with other QC folks, even our good friends Scott/Michelle showed up...Gene from Genoa, 'Tank' from Chicago, and Bob from Greenwater....we have about 200 folks show and the flow was steady.....word will get around fast now...
   We decided to have another swap in March '17'.... |^|    We're thinking that twice a year will work very well..

We have returned...tired...stopped for Chinese take out on the way home....unloaded and greeted all our animal friends.....and a little Sassy gal that was sooooooooo excited to see us......LOL...

.. finally got everything put away. and ate...... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf....that's enough for today....this old guy is pooped....

pics in a bit....LOL...if I can find 'em.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Quote from: Mugwump on September 18, 2016, 05:43:56 PM
   We have returned...tired...stopped for Chinese take out on the way home....unloaded and greeted all our animal friends.....and a little Sassy gal that was sooooooooo excited to see us......LOL...

finally got everything put away and ate...... wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf wfwf....that's enough for today....this old guy is pooped....

pics in a bit....LOL...if I can find 'em.... |^|

LOL  We're home, too. Stopped for shrimp, and fish tacos at a little place in Richmond.

Ron Sower

Fantastic! Way to go! woopee!  yahoo! Glad it was a good one, Mugs & Swap Gang!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

I keep waiting for pics but you keep not posting them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 19, 2016, 06:32:38 PM
I keep waiting for pics but you keep not posting them.

....in due time...I need to get them off Jan's phone....
Jon

Ron Sower

How much were the tickets to get in, Mugs?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 20, 2016, 09:47:40 AM
How much were the tickets to get in, Mugs?

We charged $5....it's close to the 'norm' around here...some are $3 tho...
Jon

waterboy

The Milwaukee swaps are $2 to get in.  It must just be more expensive to live in Illinois.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

Mugwump

Quote from: waterboy on September 20, 2016, 03:24:37 PM
The Milwaukee swaps are $2 to get in.  It must just be more expensive to live in Illinois.

..matter of fact.......LOL..it is.....our room $$'s are higher than there's......gotta pay for the venue, etc...
Jon

Mugwump

Jon