• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 06:57:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 775
Total: 775

Sunday morning greeting

Started by Barb, April 26, 2020, 07:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Mornin' folks, how are you all?  I am going to do yardwork today, until the afternoon winds make me come inside.  No rain, just wind coming.  I hope to see some frogs come to my pond soon, wonder where they are?  Yesterday while going to help my mom, she lives alone in a senior apt. complex, I found a newly hatched snake on the sidewalk. I know it would have been stomped on for sure by someone, so I picked it up and took it into the nearby woods.  It was really cute, a light brown, definitely not a venomous one.  At first I thought it was a big worm.
Barb

wsantia1

Good morning Barb and everyone. I've been up for a while now. I am just going to rest most of the day. It is cloudy at the moment but we may have T-Storms by this afternoon.

I was going to weed the flowerbed today (Yes I know I was supposed to do that by now) but I don't want to push because I pushed myself a bit too much yesterday in the fishroom.

My coffee was great once again. |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good morning, Barb.  I woke up thinking it was Monday.  I'm so glad it's Sunday.  I worked so hard yesterday.  I even did a lot of work on the tanks.  So much so that I was surprised this morning how clean and beautiful the tanks looked.  I stayed up late and really really wanted to sleep in this morning.  But the dogs were up jumping on and off the bed and playing wrestle and licking my face.  Then the horse started stomping her feet at the front door wanting me to get up and feed her, so I gave up at 7.  When I walked into the living room her big horse head was sticking in the living room. 

I plan to clean house today in a leisurely fashion.  That way I can get stuff done and not knock myself out.  Have fun playing in the yard.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Hi Willie, we posted at the same time and I see that we're also in the same boat as far as needing to take it easy today.  Right now, I'm going to sit in my jammies and watch the chickens before I get dressed and start on the house work.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 26, 2020, 08:47:22 AM
Hi Willie, we posted at the same time and I see that we're also in the same boat as far as needing to take it easy today.  Right now, I'm going to sit in my jammies and watch the chickens before I get dressed and start on the house work.

Hey Liz. Hope you don't feel as bad as I do. lol I just finished cleaning up my guest room/office and now I'm going to sit on my butt.
Willie

LizStreithorst

It sounds like you feel worse, Willie.  I am working very slowly with lots of breaks.  Right now I'm taking a lunch break.  I sure won't get through with the entire house but I have done is excellent work.  The bed room is as immaculate as it has ever been.  The door is closed right now so the dogs can't get in.  After lunch I'll finish the bathroom and hall.  That will be enough today.  Tomorrow will be the kitchen first.  It's not as bad as the rest of the house since I have to keep it fairly clean since I cook often.

LizStreithorst

I hope that my customer Tuesday asks to use my bathroom.  It is a thing of beauty.  It's nap time now.  Then WC then chicken sitting, then bed.  Believe it or not, I feel better now than when I first started the BIG CLEAN.

Barb

Willie, hope you feel better tomorrow.  And Liz good for you for all that work!  I haven't gotten done what I had planned.  Bill is having another bad day so I haven't wanted to be outside for hours when he needs me off and on throughout the day.  His main problems are his heart and his asthma. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

wsantia1

Liz and Barb I feel okay considering how I feel this morning. Thanks for asking. My butt sitting didn't work out as planned but I did get the guest bedroom/office done and did some things in the fishroom.

I also moved my big male L183 bristlenose and his cave back into the seniors tank.He's a big dude. His lady friend was waiting for him but first he had to harass the non breeding brother of his.

A rough count says there are 41 little ones in the 5 gallon tank that I shook the cave out in.
Willie

LizStreithorst

Too much butt sitting doesn't do me any good either, Willie.  I think that although I'm tired from what I've done, the cleaning has  helped.  It's digging and shoveling that gets me the worst, or carrying anything heavy or walking say 1/8 mile.

Y'all have no idea how protective I am of my 2 clean rooms.  They are connected by a door so even though I'm closing the doors to keep dogs out, I track in sandy paritcles on my shoes.  I take them off before I enter, walk barefoot between is delightful to be able to do again, and put them on again after I come out into the rest of the house which is entirely open.  It's comical.

Ron Sower

...late entry for today, folks.. went to SanTan Valley to pick up some Red Shoulder Severums...then over LFS so Stan could pick up some El. Bl. Rams...

...a fellow called yesterday and asked if I wanted the red shoulders for my cichlid tank...they are a little shaken up but I believe they will unstress within  a couple days...the gold severums were pretty wary of them and kept them away from their eggs...oops...I just checked the eggs...they're gone!... too much excitement and ma and pa must have eaten them while we were gone to dinner...

...we played cards this afternoon again...the gals keep beating us...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron