• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 09:15:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 662
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 603
Total: 603

What about leftovers

Started by LizStreithorst, September 18, 2016, 03:35:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Someone on my cooking forum posted this link about the history of leftovers http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/10/an-economic-history-of-leftovers/409255/?utm_source=atlfb

What do you think of leftovers.  For me, I love them for their flavor which is better than the first day.  I was shocked to see that there are some people who won't touch them.  I'm not a fanatic about not wasting food but my leftovers that I'm tired of get recycled via the dogs.  Veggies that got too old, and veggie trimmings get put in the compost which is right outside my kitchen door :-[  The only things that get taken to the dump are citrus rinds and garlic skins.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

We have leftovers a lot, but usually eat them the next day. On day 2 they have lost their appeal. We do occasionally freeze things, like spaghetti sauce.
Dan

wsantia1

I love leftovers. My granddaughter that used to live with me hated them. She ate them when I refused to make new meals until all of the leftovers were consumed.

I discard my citrus rinds down the garbage disposal. It freshens them up a bit.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

..leftovers ROCK !!!!....1st thought....garbage potatoes...MMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Leftover pot roast, potatoes, onions...chopped in a skillet....heat thoroughly......then scramble eggs in with it.....*drool*... |^|

Make potato cakes with leftover mashers..........rebakes with leftover baked potatoes....MMMMmmmm

and on, and on..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Leftovers are a big bone of contention with Lucy and me.  She doesn't like to eat them and I don't like to waste them...it's just money thrown away in my opinion if we don't eat them. I grew up that way, She grew up with a father that refused to eat them. It's a pain for us, I tell you!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron