• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 06:20:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 584
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 471
Total: 471

What about dinner?

Started by LizStreithorst, July 09, 2017, 03:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I've got a pot of chili in the oven.  I knew I started too late.  It won't be ready until 8 o'clock.  Not sure if I can make it until 8 without food.  I'll see.

As usual, I didn't plan well.  I didn't have enough beef stock so I used 2 bottles of Sam Adams rather than one for the liquid.  I didn't have a can of diced 'maters with green chiles.  It gave me a chance to use some of my home grown tomatoes and a couple of my not yet mature poblano peppers.  I threw in some chorize because it makes everything better.  I have a feeling that this will be good.  The veggies from the garden should give it a freshness.

This is the recipe I based this on.  https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1088670
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 09, 2017, 03:38:52 PM
I've got a pot of chili in the oven.  I knew I started too late.  It won't be ready until 8 o'clock.  Not sure if I can make it until 8 without food.  I'll see.

As usual, I didn't plan well.  I didn't have enough beef stock so I used 2 bottles of Sam Adams rather than one for the liquid.  I didn't have a can of diced 'maters with green chiles.  It gave me a chance to use some of my home grown tomatoes and a couple of my not yet mature poblano peppers.  I threw in some chorize because it makes everything better.  I have a feeling that this will be good.  The veggies from the garden should give it a freshness.

This is the recipe I based this on.  https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1088670

....sounds very good.... |^|

..no clue what we're having ?? huh
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

..it's 'wing it' night here, so I opened and ate a can of corned beef hash...pile of toast on the side... |eat| |^| |eat|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Just 45 more minutes until the chili is ready.  I gave it a stir and taste half way through cooking.  The flavor is to die for but the liquid was a little thin.  I pulled it out again after 3 hrs and the sauce was still thin.  I should have mashed half the beans before I threw them in but I didn't think about it.  What I did was take 3 tamales I had in the fridge, crumble them up, and stir them in to the pot.  The ground corn will add thickness and flavor.  The seasonings in the beef filling  are the same as I have in the chili.  I am not a culinary genius.  I'm just talented at work-arounds.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 09, 2017, 06:15:54 PM
Just 45 more minutes until the chili is ready.  I gave it a stir and taste half way through cooking.  The flavor is to die for but the liquid was a little thin.  I pulled it out again after 3 hrs and the sauce was still thin.  I should have mashed half the beans before I threw them in but I didn't think about it.  What I did was take 3 tamales I had in the fridge, crumble them up, and stir them in to the pot.  The ground corn will add thickness and flavor.  The seasonings in the beef filling  are the same as I have in the chili.  I am not a culinary genius.  I'm just talented at work-arounds.

LOLOLOL...I'm betting that it's delicious  |eat| |^| |eat|
Jon