• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 02:00:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 503
Total: 503

Junior's new digs...

Started by Mugwump, July 13, 2014, 07:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Junior has entered his new home now. A perfect sized cage so that he can stretch, and grow. He looks bigger than Friday's pic, huh?...actually, I think he is...LOL.....Manny's been watching the proceedings with great interest... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

He certainly does look better than Friday. [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

What a cutie.  To think a few weeks ago that was an egg. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

It's amazing how much he has grown in such a short time.  How long do you guys have to hand feed him?
Scott

Mugwump

Actually, he can eat other things as soon as he learns how to.... ;D.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

What a neat experience to be a part of all this, almost makes me want a pair of birds myself.
Barb

PaulineMi

Barb cocktails are very, very cool birds.  When I was looking at parrots, macaws and cockatoos a bird person gave me some advice.  He said if you would like an enjoyable bird in a small package that will relate to you in a manner similar to a dog, get a cockatiel. He was so right. Our bird would take baths in our hands under running water, roll around on my son's wet hair while I was blow drying it (back in the long hair days), get on the shower curtain rod then jump down onto my chest while I soaked in a bubble bath. We could even lay her on her back and give her tummy rubs.

Birds raised like Jon and Jan are raising Junior can get incredibly tame.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on July 14, 2014, 01:46:37 PM
Barb cocktails are very, very cool birds.  When I was looking at parrots, macaws and cockatoos a bird person gave me some advice.  He said if you would like an enjoyable bird in a small package that will relate to you in a manner similar to a dog, get a cockatiel. He was so right. Our bird would take baths in our hands under running water, roll around on my son's wet hair while I was blow drying it (back in the long hair days), get on the shower curtain rod then jump down onto my chest while I soaked in a bubble bath. We could even lay her on her back and give her tummy rubs.

Yes, they can become quite personable.....and they're smart little dicken's too....LOL....the parrotlets are even more so....ours aren't hand tamed, as they are a bonded pair, but the hand tame ones are incredible....that's why the nickname 'pocket parrots'...they're a good half the size of a cockatiel... and both sexes can talk....
Jon

PaulineMi

I didn't know that about the parrotlets.  But I had been told that when they're paired up the tend to be less interested inpeople.

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on July 14, 2014, 04:52:46 PM
I didn't know that about the parrotlets.  But I had been told that when they're paired up the tend to be less interested inpeople.

Yes, and you want that in breeders too.....that's why the hand tamed ones are popular, but won't be good breeders.....too much people interaction....

by the by, cockatiels are the same way......pairs are pairs...pets are pets...
Jon

PaulineMi

My female cockatiel regularly laid eggs. I was told she was a breeder's dream but would no longer be such a tame pet if we got her a male.

Junior looks like he could be a real pet.  :)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on July 14, 2014, 06:58:07 PM
My female cockatiel regularly laid eggs. I was told she was a breeder's dream but would no longer be such a tame pet if we got her a male.

Junior looks like he could be a real pet.  :)

Righto Pauline, once they pair, nature's instincts arrive....most won't pair once they get real tame...
Jon

Barb

Quote from: Mugwump on July 14, 2014, 02:54:22 PM
Quote from: PaulineMi on July 14, 2014, 01:46:37 PM

Yes, they can become quite personable.....and they're smart little dicken's too....LOL....the parrotlets are even more so....ours aren't hand tamed, as they are a bonded pair, but the hand tame ones are incredible....that's why the nickname 'pocket parrots'...they're a good half the size of a cockatiel... and both sexes can talk....

Thanks for all this good info, I will get a cockatiel if I should ever want a bird!
Barb