• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 12:21:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 603
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 592
Total: 592

Just turned on the AC.

Started by LizStreithorst, December 27, 2015, 02:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

It's been so hot and humid and rainy that I've been needing to turn it on for almost a week now.  When the ceramic floor sweats it's either the AC or the dehumidifier.  76 degrees is too hot for the dehumidifier.  I didn't do it before now because it offended me to use AC at the end of December.

Today I mopped and the floor refused to dry.  I bit the bullet and closed the door and windows and turned it on.  The floor is drying nicely.  Another nice thing is that my house is smelling better.  I do my best to make the house not smell doggy, but I have 7 dogs so the poor house has no choice to smell like dogs.  I don't smell it but normal people must smell it.  With all this humidity even I could smell dog.  The AC has taken the odor away.  It makes me feel less like "the old crazy dog woman" w!w
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...If ya need it..use it...is my motto....

I can never understand folks dialing down the thermostat to 60-65deg's in winter............why?....are you really saving that much if your house is reasonably insulated?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Yesterday and today I almost turned ours on too.  But fans worked so far.  Way too hot for me here this time of year.  I had to get shorts and flip flops back out.  How is your weather today Liz?  Looks bad on the TV.  Poor Texas.
Barb

LizStreithorst

It's OK here so far and they say it will get better and cooler tomorrow.  I was in shorts and a T shirt all day yesterday and today.  I have an Iris fixin' to bloom!  I betcha that when it turns cold it turns bitter cold. 
Always move forward. Never look back.