• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 02:10:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 646
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 551
Total: 551

..just peachie.....

Started by Mugwump, December 26, 2015, 04:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..our Monday snow forecast has changed to a winter ice storm with rain/sleet/and 1/4"+ inch of ice....with up to 45 mph winds.....now isn't that just peachie.?     
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

How lovely for you ::)  Look on the bright side.  You and Jan are retired.  You can hunker down and play with the animals.  You don't have to drive to work :o  I hope you have a good generator like I have.  Ice build up on the wires isn't a good thing.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 26, 2015, 04:35:01 PM
How lovely for you ::)  Look on the bright side.  You and Jan are retired.  You can hunker down and play with the animals.  You don't have to drive to work :o  I hope you have a good generator like I have.  Ice build up on the wires isn't a good thing.

...fortunately, a generator has never been needed here.....but I've looked at them many times lately.....I may take the plunge just to be on the safe side..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Having a generator makes me feel the same as I felt when I had a winter's worth of hay in the loft.  I feel more secure when I have one whether it is needed or not. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

...beginning Wednesday our daily highs will be in the 20's with night time lows in the single digits....winter's finally showing up.... huh
Jon

wsantia1

Keep the winter out there. If it wasn't here for Christmas it's not welcomed here. 2c2
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 26, 2015, 07:36:19 PM
Keep the winter out there. If it wasn't here for Christmas it's not welcomed here. 2c2

Aw come on....ya know you want some.....you know job security for your community maintenance crew.. |^|
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 26, 2015, 07:38:20 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on December 26, 2015, 07:36:19 PM

Aw come on....ya know you want some.....you know job security for your community maintenance crew.. |^|

They are do the grass so they'll be ok. The weather man said if we had freezing temps the precip we had over the Christmas holiday would have amounted to 30 inches. Lost opportunity for "Old Man Winter" |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ilroost

Going to get bad. I'm heading for Rio Rancho New Mexico tomorrow. Looks like a blizzard warning in effect for northern texas and New Mexico. Also ice warning for Oklahoma, lucky me

Mugwump

Be safe out there Bob...drive careful....this is one nasty storm......hell, gets bad, pull over somewhere.....
Jon