• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 09:12:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 727
Total: 727

Joe Garagiola passed away...

Started by Mugwump, March 23, 2016, 07:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

.....the younger generation will never know the baseball wit that this wonderful personality had...........a sad day..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

I'm not even a baseball guy, and I loved his wit.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Rjb3

I was watching a game many years ago and the manager went out to argue with the umpire. The bills of their hats almost bumped together as the went on for a bit. (Remember when managers could still go out and argue a call?) The manager was right in the ump's face. Meanwhile Joe said " You know folks, these managers all chew tobacco. That umpire is going to look like he's got the measles." LOL I still laugh when I think of that story.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on March 24, 2016, 06:56:09 PM
I was watching a game many years ago and the manager went out to argue with the umpire. The bills of their hats almost bumped together as the went on for a bit. (Remember when managers could still go out and argue a call?) The manager was right in the ump's face. Meanwhile Joe said " You know folks, these managers all chew tobacco. That umpire is going to look like he's got the measles." LOL I still laugh when I think of that story.

+1...LOL...or...

" While catching for a pitcher who only threw a fastball, Garagiola became
confused when the pitcher kept shaking off the sign he was putting down. He
finally went to the mound and asked the pitcher what was going on, and the
pitcher told Garagiola that he wanted to throw a slider.

"I said, 'You don't have a slider.' He said, 'That's why I'll get him out,
he won't be looking for it.'"

.....or...

"This was my fourth team, when there were only eight in the league,"
Garagiola said. "That told me I was either wanted or modeling uniforms. I
didn't know which. The great Stan Musial comes up to hit. Apparently he
didn't see the papers. So he taps the plate and backs out and says, 'What
the hell are you doing there?'

" 'I just got traded, Stan.'

" 'You did, when?'

" 'This morning.'

"He kind of looks stunned and then says, 'Why don't you quit?'

"You know what I said to him? 'Now?' "
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson