• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 08:55:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 559
Total: 559

The mutiny starts

Started by b125killer, April 26, 2013, 08:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Thanks Dennis, I went and checked on them. They are off the bottom and doing there little thing. That Makes me happy.
Scott

BallAquatics

You are doing a splendid job!  It gets easier with time, but almost 50 years in and I still fuss over new babies like an old mother hen.....  From reading some of Jon's posts, I get the impression that he does too!

Dennis

b125killer

The fry are getting so big. I can tell that there angelfish. I never realized just how much work it would be. It truly is a labor of love to raise fry.  It's so much more involved then the BN's are.

Scott

Mugwump

Wow, looking real good, Scott......pretty soon it'll be second nature when taking care of them....just think...mom and dad did a lot of the work for you too.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Yes they are looking wonderful!  It's amazing what lots of fresh water and good food will do for fry!  Keep up the good work.   ;)

Dennis

b125killer

Thanks guys, It means alot to me to get praises from some of the best breeders I know. Mom and dad are still mad at me. I did give them a little treat today, Live guppy fry. Try and mend some of there hard feelings. They did get over it as soon as they seen some live food to chase.   
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on May 10, 2013, 11:15:02 AM
Thanks guys, It means alot to me to get praises from some of the best breeders I know. Mom and dad are still mad at me. I did give them a little treat today, Live guppy fry. Try and mend some of there hard feelings. They did get over it as soon as they seen some live food to chase.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Congrats Scott, they are looking great!
Looks like you have been doing all the right things

b125killer

Quote from: ilroost on May 10, 2013, 06:57:38 PM
Congrats Scott, they are looking great!
Looks like you have been doing all the right things

Thanks I'm not to sure if it's all the right things But I'm learning. I have got making the BBs down. I did make some poor batches but I have played around with it and got it where I like it.   
Scott

Jdmcfast

Congrats Scott they are looking good!

Josh

Josh

b125killer

Thanks Josh, I wanted to update everyone on the angel fry. Thy are still doing great. I think I may have one little Nemo. I'll let him try and grow a bit more to see if what happens.
Here they are at 4 weeks old. they are eating BBS. I think I might of overfeed them. That's okay there are a few BN's in there for the leftovers. Plus I will do a water change on there tank later tonight.  I do see some with nice strips showing. ;D
Scott

b125killer

I got the babies in there new home. It's the 29 gallon a little bigger then the last one. They seem happy and they also like to forage in the sand. Too bad I pissed there parents off. I don't think they like there new tank location. they have only spawned once in there new spot. and they didn't keep the spawn long. I think there is too much traffic. I'm thinking of putting there tank back where it was. That way there away from everything.
Here is a new video of the babies in there new tank.

Scott

Mugwump

Looking good, Scott..... ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

Your babies look really nice.  You've done a good job growing them out.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

I got the fry into yet another bigger tank. There getting so big and growing like weeds.
Scott