• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 11:39:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,351
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 765
Total: 765

New DIY Project.

Started by P4Angels, February 16, 2014, 04:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

Can you guess what we are up 2?

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels

Jon your no fun.... Some how I knew that someone on here would get it right away...    People on Facebook not so much...  2 down and only 8 more to go....
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels on February 16, 2014, 07:15:41 PM
Jon your no fun.... Some how I knew that someone on here would get it right away...    People on Facebook not so much...  2 down and only 8 more to go....

I watch your vids, bro..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

I seen it on facebook and knew what you where up too. By the time I seen it someone already guessed it. Are you doing all your tanks?
Scott

P4Angels

Scott,

For now i'm only doing the 10 breeder tanks, I have my version I did that I use on the 55 gallon tanks. 

Aron

P4Angels

I have 2 completed and up and running.  Love these guys already.  Rehomed a pair into the completed tanks and working on 2 more, until all 10 tanks are completed... 

Seeding the HMF's that is why the extra sponge filter is in there

The next project for these is in my 120 breeder.  On each off the back corners. This time i'm going to add a small 158 GPH (Harbor Freight) fountain pump to the lift tube have them facing forward in the tank, get some greater circulation and filtration.

Mugwump

very nice, Aron....looks like a winner... ;D
Jon

P4Angels

Alright It's time to post the DIY corner Homburg mat filter video:  (drum roll goes here)

EdKaz

Looks good.

Im curious if something like that could be effectively air driven rather than using a pump.

Mugwump

Yep...............they can...
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: EdKaz on March 09, 2014, 09:38:28 AM
Im curious if something like that could be effectively air driven rather than using a pump.

Ed, I run all my HMF's with air.  http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/index.php?topic=1515.msg22267#msg22267

Dennis

EdKaz

QuoteEd, I run all my HMF's with air.  http://www.mugwump-fish-world.com/index.php?topic=1515.msg22267#msg22267

Thanks for the link and info Dennis

I like the idea of no more, or fewer electric sucking devices. Gonna have to try this on a tank or 3

P4Angels

Quote from: EdKaz on March 09, 2014, 09:38:28 AM
Looks good.

I run them both ways.... I use the air driven in all my 20 high breeders. The video that is a 75 gallon tank and  I wanted more flow. Hens the reason I  went with the pump.