• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 08:59:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 557
Total: 558

Time to move fish

Started by LizStreithorst, April 11, 2015, 01:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

The sterile Discus male and and his mate raising the Angel fry to the community tank.  The young Discus from a 100 to a 120.  The kids that the Discus pair were caring for and a another spawn of Angels about 10 days older from 65's in to a 100.  Of those kids, I need to separate the ones that have turned into a 29.  The ones the Discus were raising started turning at pea size.  I was impressed.  I'll get on it as soon as they are done eating their afternoon meal.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 11, 2015, 01:48:02 PM
The sterile Discus male and and his mate raising the Angel fry to the community tank.  The young Discus from a 100 to a 120.  The kids that the Discus pair were caring for and a another spawn of Angels about 10 days older from 65's in to a 100.  Of those kids, I need to separate the ones that have turned into a 29.  The ones the Discus were raising started turning at pea size.  I was impressed.  I'll get on it as soon as they are done eating their afternoon meal.

..turning at pea size is a very good sign....keep em separate...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I intend to.  I've got all the fish moved that I planed to move.  Young Discus are way harder to catch than young Angels...I want to keep the turned and unturned Angels from two different spawns together in the 100 for another week or so.  They are loving the long tank.

I will get get my keepers from this group.  Some of my older HB's need to go to the tank at the shop.  They are getting a little to long in the tooth for me to feel comfortable selling.
Always move forward. Never look back.