• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 11:39:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 752
Total: 752

Kris Kristofferson

Started by Mugwump, May 13, 2016, 06:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Kris Kristofferson: Singer-Songwriter to Celebrate 80th Birthday With New Box Set and Double Album
The 16-disc box set, "The Complete Monument & Columbia Album Collection," will be released June 10. "The Cedar Creek Sessions" double album will follow June 17. Kristofferson turns 80 on June 22.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

sschind

Not going to do it Jon.  I'm not going to let you get me sidetracked into another 2 hour binge of music listening on You tube.  maybe just 10 or 15 songs and that's it.

I was about 8 or 9 years old when my older brother got a copy of Kris' "Jesus was a Capricorn" 8 track.  I think I listened to it more than he did. 

"Why me " is still on be of my all time favorite songs and when you see the list of songs he wrote and others recorded you realize just how good this guy was.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on May 13, 2016, 07:42:12 PM
Not going to do it Jon.  I'm not going to let you get me sidetracked into another 2 hour binge of music listening on You tube.  maybe just 10 or 15 songs and that's it.

I was about 8 or 9 years old when my older brother got a copy of Kris' "Jesus was a Capricorn" 8 track.  I think I listened to it more than he did. 

"Why me " is still on be of my all time favorite songs and when you see the list of songs he wrote and others recorded you realize just how good this guy was.

I agree Steve....he's most times an under appreciated talent...until one just takes the time to listen to his body of work....a Rhodes Scholar too....quite a guy... ;D...hard to imagine that he's 80.... especially even tho I'm in my early 70's..... huh..time flies.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3