• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 09:20:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,346
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 879
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 759
Total: 759

Selling on Aquabid

Started by LizStreithorst, September 04, 2017, 08:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I've done it before but this has never happened to me before...Almost everyone who contacted me wanted to make a deal on the side rather than bid.  I don't know why but it offended me.  Every time it happened it offended me more.  I told all of them that if they wanted them they were right there on auction for them to bid on.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

...you might be able to make a deal and get them all gone at once and not have to worry about making so many shipments...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 04, 2017, 08:52:11 PM
I've done it before but this has never happened to me before...Almost everyone who contacted me wanted to make a deal on the side rather than bid.  I don't know why but it offended me.  Every time it happened it offended me more.  I told all of them that if they wanted them they were right there on auction for them to bid on.

...yup...make 'em bid.....too much skullduggery going on these days with folks looking to make side deals, they'll just keep stringing you along .....use the system that AB has set up.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wallace

Don't tolerate greedy people. You are doing the lord's work. Signed, The Lord.  ;D
Dan

BallAquatics

When I sold regularly on AB, I did far more side-deals than AB auction sales.  Never had any problems.  Most of the time folks wanted more fish, or just some personal interaction with the seller.....

Dennis

LizStreithorst

One bad buyer may be all I can handle.  First the guy bid on one fish and then said that he thought he was bidding $20 10 fish when he was bidding for one fish.  He had the nerve to ask me to remove the auction and re-list it.  I looked at my words and I said that the auction was for one fish with 10 more available.  Then he bitched about the shipping charge and I felt sorry for him and told him that I would charge him half of what it will cost me to ship.  Then he came crying to my email saying that he just got 30 small Angels from someone on Aquabid and they arrived "too stressed" and 10 died in his tank :o  He said that he was all upset about it and he wanted me to refund his money because he couldn't take it emotionally.  I told him that a winning bid was a contract.  It went on and on with me getting more and more hard.  Who needs this shit?  I know that I don't.  Hell, the guy lives in an apartment in Brooklyn.  How can he have the tank space to grow out 30 smalls and 2 breeding age males and females from me ?  The guy's a jerk.

I wrote him just now about my concerns but I didn't call him a jerk to his face.  I told him that he had to be home to when the fish arrived and if there was a problem with them he needed to take pics within two hours of delivery.   I said that if he didn't agree to that I would refund half his money and leave no feedback.  I said that he he did me wrong that I would leave him bad feedback and trash is name all over Aquaboards. 

I swear to God, it's less bad to put fish in ice water.  The chickens love dead fish huh

I don't need this shit.  Putting the excess fish in ice water and tossing them out for the hens to eat is easier for me than this.

LizStreithorst

God knows, I hate being a hard ass but I can't let some asshole run slam over me.  There was a time when the big Discus folks considered me to be bad. and on the forums I was considered potentially dangerous huh   I was told by the main vet's wife that everyone was afraid of me and that I was even intimidating to her  You could have knocked me down with a finger when she said that.  I'm still waiting to here back from the buyer.

.I guess Jim was right when he called me a witch.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAzTnsSgs2s

Mugwump

....you should have told him to buzz off in the beginning.....and that's why you don't do side deals until they win the bid...too many jerks playing games now days...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Um, Jim was never right about anything. IMHO

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on September 10, 2017, 04:04:49 AM
Um, Jim was never right about anything. IMHO

...+1....got that right  |^|
Jon

Ron Sower

...who the hell is Jim, and by what right or decree is he allowed to call you a witch?...

...You're a pussycat, Liz...a hardnosed, self-sufficient, pussycat!...and you're part of this tribe...OUR tribe...that Brooklyn guy seems pretty typical of someone who thinks he's owed something by everyone else...therefore he becomes a passive bully...what a jerk!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wallace

It sounds like he is trying to take advantage of your decency. Your listings clearly state that its for one fish, and shipping is shipping.
Dan

LizStreithorst

He changed his tune after I sent him this email:

It will be Wed.  If there is a problem with the fish I want a pic within 2 hours of delivery to give you a live delivery guarantee.  If this isn?t good enough to you I will give you half your money back and post no feedback about you on Aquabid.

I?ve been kind to you but at every turn you want something more.  I?m not usually a hard ass but you live in an apartment and have room to grow out 30 small Angels and also have my two pairs that will produce fry?  Why do I see no negative feed back on Aquabid about the 30 smalls that you said you bought there?   I have serious doubts that you know what you are doing.  How much tank space do you have in your apartment, anyway?

If you do me wrong I will ban you as a buyer, leave feedback with details, and trash your name all over Aquaboards.

Let me know what you decide before morning when I will select your fish and move them to a 20 gallon where I can starve them before I ship.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 10, 2017, 01:14:15 PM

It will be Wed.  If there is a problem with the fish I want a pic within 2 hours of delivery to give you a live delivery guarantee.  If this isn?t good enough to you I will give you half your money back and post no feedback about you on Aquabid.

I?ve been kind to you but at every turn you want something more.  I?m not usually a hard ass but you live in an apartment and have room to grow out 30 small Angels and also have my two pairs that will produce fry?  Why do I see no negative feed back on Aquabid about the 30 smalls that you said you bought there?   I have serious doubts that you know what you are doing.  How much tank space do you have in your apartment, anyway?

If you do me wrong I will ban you as a buyer, leave feedback with details, and trash your name all over Aquaboards.

Let me know what you decide before morning when I will select your fish and move them to a 20 gallon where I can starve them before I ship.
...good on you, HNP!... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on September 10, 2017, 01:56:03 PM
Quote from: LizStreithorst on September 10, 2017, 01:14:15 PM

...good on you, HNP!... |^|

...+1.... |^|
Jon