• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 01:56:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 507
Total: 507

Sterbai Cories Available

Started by TNT77, September 09, 2013, 06:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: TNT77 on September 10, 2013, 04:32:26 PM
Quote from: b125killer on September 10, 2013, 04:09:04 PM
Hello Tara, welcome to the forum.  I would like 4 of them.I could pick them up at the swap too.
Let me know what name to hold them under please.

LOL..if only Scott would add his name to his signature  ;D..I think he posted from work??, Tara,,
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

TNT77

Quote from: Mugwump on September 10, 2013, 05:08:25 PM
Quote from: TNT77 on September 10, 2013, 04:32:26 PM
Quote from: b125killer on September 10, 2013, 04:09:04 PM
Hello Tara, welcome to the forum.  I would like 4 of them.I could pick them up at the swap too.
Let me know what name to hold them under please.

LOL..if only Scott would add his name to his signature  ;D..I think he posted from work??, Tara,,
Lol got it. Scott for 4. :)

b125killer

Thanks Jon and Tara. I also added name to signature. I was at work and as usual they hit me with questions as soon as i walk through the door.
I'm getting these guys for my sister. She got a 46g bowfront front off CL last Sunday.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on September 11, 2013, 07:21:12 AM
Thanks Jon and Tara. I also added name to signature. I was at work and as usual they hit me with questions as soon as i walk through the door.
I'm getting these guys for my sister. She got a 46g bowfront front off CL last Sunday.

Cool....another fish nut in the family... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Yes she is a nut. She has a Angel  that I was going to cull, It's also in a 10 gallon until I get her bigger tank running. She thinks she saved it's life. I think I should of finished the job. Poor fish only has part of it's dorsal fin. She named it Gimpy.   
Scott

Mugwump

We got the Sterbia's from Tara today.....very nice....they flipping around the tank eating Frenzy...LOL...I knew that they'd like it...................pigs....LOL ;D...thanks, Tara
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 22, 2013, 07:23:46 PM
We got the Sterbia's from Tara today.....very nice....they flipping around the tank eating Frenzy...LOL...I knew that they'd like it...................pigs....LOL ;D...thanks, Tara

Yes those Sterbia's are very nice.  Settled down very nicely and ate very good tonight.  And Jon those blacks are definitely pigs. ;D ;D ; ;D  They were trying to take food out of my hand already. ;D ;D ;D.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

TNT77

Great to hear all made it home and settled in good. I worry too much I guess lol. I will have to bring WAY more next time. I thought I had extras and actually forgot to add someone to my list so ran short. I will bring alot more next time. Liz yours are doing great I will get them out to you soon. :)

TNT77

It was also wonderful to meet everyone. :) I'm sorry I didn't get to visit alot more.

wiggs

TARA, Maybe next time you will get to get to meet more prople. I also didn`t get to see many  people that I usually talk to. Jon got to see more people then I did. 
Jan

Ron Sower

How often does the GCCA put on this swap?
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

They''ll run close to every month through spring....but QC club, Greenwater, and Milwaukee clubs have them in between....as in Oct/Nov....QC 27th/GCCA Nov.3rd/ Milwaukee 2nd week....there's others too, Madison usually has a meet in the fall too....
Jon

Ron Sower

OKay.  Seems like they use these as fundraisers like our club does monthly auctions after the meetings!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

P4Angels2

Not quite the same Ron. The GCCA is a host of people from all over the midwest, breeders wholesalers and other business selling their goods. There is no profit split at the GCCA like GSAS takes from items that are sold at any of the auctions.

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels2 on September 23, 2013, 01:11:58 PM
Not quite the same Ron. The GCCA is a host of people from all over the midwest, breeders wholesalers and other business selling their goods. There is no profit split at the GCCA like GSAS takes from items that are sold at any of the auctions.

Righto, Aron, Lori....the tables are $45 each, $40 for members, they charge a nominal admission fee for the buyer attendee's ....plus they do have a support the club table...now the GCCA auctions, the club takes a percentage of each bag/item sold.....swaps and auctions are different in structure.
Jon