• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 01:05:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 548
Total: 548

Long time no see! (Fishy Update)

Started by Mir, July 17, 2013, 07:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mir

Hey everyone! I bet you thought you'd never see me back here again! Once again, I'm so sorry I've been gone so long. I have a lot of stuff to update you on!

First, I still have most all of my guppies, but I rehomed the tetras to someone who has more time for them. I also got some new fish: a few swordtails whom we found in a tank abandoned on the side of the road! Poor things. I'm going to keep them for just a little while until I can find a good new home for them and some of the guppies too.

Next, my betta Charlie is moved into his new big tank, which he shares with the BNs Josh gave me. Charlie seems very happy with it, and the adorable pleccies are doing great too! They have been growing a lot, and even though Josh and I thought they were both girls, one has suddenly sprouted bristles! He's getting so huge! Here's a pic of Sarge the bristle-face happily finishing off an algae wafer:

And here's the other one, Pistol, on her driftwood:

Here's Charlie semi-flaring (at Sarge) because he thinks I meant the algae wafer to be for him. Lol.

I wish I could get some better pics of the others now that I have a better camera, but they're still too fast to get decent, not-blurry ones! I'll keep trying. :D

And in other non-fish-related news, today is my birthday! YAAAAYYYYYYYYY! :)
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

Mugwump

Hiya!!...good to see you back on board....Happy Birthday!!!....

The fish look great, plop in a cave for the BN's...get some babies... ;D
Charlie looks super happy in his new digs...cool....do you have floating plants for him too?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Happy Birthday, I wasn't worried I knew you would find your way back. Charlie, Sarge, and Pistol look great. Be careful breeding the BN's. There isn't a trick to get them to breed just add the cave. The trick is to get them to stop. ;D   
Scott

Mir

Thanks guys! :)

I don't think we're ready for breeding right now...so no worries! lol. I do have lots of hides for the plecos though, and Charlie does have some floating plants! Well, sort of, at least. They are silk plants that are too tall for the tank so the ends float on the top and soften the filter outflow for him a bit. He also has a betta leaf hammock!

Here's him telling me not to touch his bubblenest he made the other day. :D (don't worry, I didn't touch it)

<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

BallAquatics

Happy birthday Miranda!  Great looking fish.

Dennis

Jdmcfast

Happy birthday Mir glad to here they are still doing good for you!

Josh

Josh

Mir

<3 Miranda

ilroost

Hi, Mir good to see ya back. Nice picts.
Happy Birthday

JR

Happy Birthday Mir. Good to see you back
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mir

<3 Miranda

LizStreithorst

Please quit disappearing on us, Mir.  Welcome home and happy birthday.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mir

<3 Miranda