• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 02:13:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 232
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 155
Total: 155

Happy Friday

Started by wsantia1, June 25, 2021, 07:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. I'm getting ready for my trip to NYC for an event I have to attend tomorrow night. I find that as I've gotten older I'm beginning to hate "events". I used to be a party animal when I was younger but now I prefer a simpler and quieter life.

It's going to be another nice day here in Delaware but I am going to NYC where the weather is going to be identical. The highs in both places will be 80 degrees under partly sunny skies.

Leaving at 10 am so I better start getting ready. Wishing you all a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Good afternoon Willie, have a good and safe trip into NYC.  Glad the weather will be good for you.  Here is a rainy day, and last night the symphony concert was rained out.  We all sat there for 2 hrs. waiting for it to start, warm and sunny the whole time.  Concert time was to begin, the sky got dark and rain soon began.  Very disappointing.  When i got wet I left.  Others may have stayed in the rain hoping for it to end.  Here is a pic of several thousand people on the palace lawn before the weather changed.

How are the rest of you today?  Ron must be home by now?  Liz how is the day going?
Barb

Barb

Posted the orchestra getting their instruments ready to go.  Here is the crowd pic.

LizStreithorst

Very happy Friday to all of you.  Willie, have a couple of drinks at the gettogether and you will enjoy it more. 

I envy you folks with cool weather.  It's only 86 here which would be fine if the humidity was low.  As it is, the heat index says it feels like 95.  I've been out and I have to agree with the heat index.

My hen with no name still has all her internal parts inside her body.  She didn't lay an egg yesterday, though.  She's becoming much easier to bring inside.  She was easy to catch when she was in bad shape, but as gotten better I have been able to bring her inside simply by showing her the dish of boiled corn and peas that I make for her every day.  She still hasn't laid an egg. That's good because her parts still need to heal further.  The proof of success will be having her start laying again.  Thanks for having faith in me Willie.  I'm doing everything I can.  Having a chicken in the house is not a big deal to me.

I didn't mow this morning.  My damn back just isn't up to it.  Just 5 more days for my second shot.  They say the second one is the one that does the trick. 

I have a dog tomorrow.  The dog is friendly and very patient for grooming but has coat that mats terribly down close to the skin.  It's almost like Persian cat hair.  The owners are lovely people who said they want to make his grooming easy for me.  I'm more concerned about making the dog look good while making the grooming process easy on him.
Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Barb, such a shame the concert was rained out.  What pieces were they going to play?  Will it be rescheduled?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

No reschedule, they will come play again same place, free, this time next summer.  It is a yearly event, I just couldn't go before, it is not accessible.  I threw away the program as I left but there were 20 songs.
Barb