• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 07:21:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 548
Total: 549

My Little Old Lady

Started by LizStreithorst, April 08, 2015, 05:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

You need more coffee.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D........45 years here, it's just called getting along.... ;D

Liz, let us know how she's doing?....are you allowed to take a sixer with ya to share??...with med's and all??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Yeah right. You guys are just to scared to admit what we all know to be the truth. After 34 years to the same woman I am not. Plus my three (3) favorite words in the English language.
I
Don't
Care.
There is a lot of freedom in those three (3) words if you really think about it.
Coach Hayden Fox.

I did NOT write that. I'm going through the quoting brackets and I think it shows that I did....  The fact is that I DO care when it comes to my spouse and friends.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 09, 2015, 09:55:02 AM
Yeah right. You guys are just to scared to admit what we all know to be the truth. After 34 years to the same woman I am not. Plus my three (3) favorite words in the English language.
I
Don't
Care.
There is a lot of freedom in those three (3) words if you really think about it.
Coach Hayden Fox.

I did NOT write that. I'm going through the quoting brackets and I think it shows that I did....  The fact is that I DO care when it comes to my spouse and friends.

yeppers, I'm on that caring list too.......but I think we're just dodging words here....let's get back to the nice lady that Liz is trying to help....ok?

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 09, 2015, 10:24:50 AM
Quote from: Ron Sower on April 09, 2015, 09:55:02 AM
I
Don't
Care.
Coach Hayden Fox.

yeppers, I'm on that caring list too.......but I think we're just dodging words here....let's get back to the nice lady that Liz is trying to help....ok?

+1 on everything you just said Jon.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

I don't mind y'all hijacking my thread.  It's a depressing thread and I can always hijack it back.

I didn't ask if she had her little dog back.  I'll find out tomorrow.  When the old lady dies the best thing would be for her son to have the little dog put to sleep.  The dog is old too, and has a little bit of dementia.  She also has an ear infection that was long standing before the old lady got her.  She has had it for so long that the ear canal has narrowed due to the build up of scar tissue which makes it hard to treat and impossible to cure.  I knew the right medication and was treating the dog daily at first, then twice a week, then weekly and at grooming time.  If it could have been cured, I'd have done it.  I can't adopt her.  I would if I could.  Abby would never make it with my free range crew.

When I spoke to her (her name is Delores) one of the first things I asked is if she were allowed to drink beer.  She is not.  I said, "well, that sucks"  and she said. "It sure does".  When I visit I'll take her a 6 pack of O'Doole's.

I'll let ya'll know how it goes tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Liz, when you go visit, keep in mind that when very elderly people die after a hip replacement, it is usually  from pneumonia that sets in quickly when they are bedridden and not up and around and breathing normally for awhile.  Let us know how she is when you see her.
Barb

PaulineMi

Quote from: Barb on April 10, 2015, 07:11:49 AM
Liz, when you go visit, keep in mind that when very elderly people die after a hip replacement, it is usually  from pneumonia that sets in quickly when they are bedridden and not up and around and breathing normally for awhile.  Let us know how she is when you see her.
Barb

That's what happened with my Dad. Delores is lucky to have you spending time with her. I'm sure she finds comfort in having a non-judgemental understanding friend around while she's down for the count.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

I hope you and Delores have a nice visit today, Liz.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

It's way worse than I thought.  During the time she wasn't in the hospital and wasn't at home she was rushed to another hospital for emergency surgery for a blocked intestine.  During her stay she developed pneumonia and was in ICU.  She's on antibiotics that haven't helped but have given her terrible diarrhea.  Her lungs are full of fluid and she's on O2.  She's all swollen up with fluid everywhere.  She's in a hospital bed in her living room so she can watch TV.  There are 3 care takers so someone is with her around the clock.  The one I met is kind to the core.

She's still aware but since she can hardly breath it's an effort for her to talk.  She offered me a beer although the care taker said that she didn't care about beer any more.  When she saw me drinking one, she wanted one, too.  She shouldn't, of course.  Not with all the meds she's on, but the care taker and I both knew that at this point a bit of beer isn't what will do her in.  It gave her a bit of pleasure.  It won't be long before she dies.

GraphicGr8s

That is so sad Liz.
Has Hospice been called in ?
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

LizStreithorst

Yes. 

Death is inevitable.  I hate it that it has to involve so much suffering.  I've always hoped that I would be struck by lightning.   

I think I'll take a nice long soak in a hot tub.  It will make me feel better.

Mugwump

That's too bad, Liz. Hopefully, hospice can help her get some relief before she passes on....

Pop in the hot bath and relax....
Jon

b125killer

I'm truly saddened by this News Liz. I'm at a lost as what To say. I feel so bad for you both.
Scott

Barb

Liz, I know she is glad to have you visiting her, and all the time you spent with her in the past.  I am thinking of you both.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Her caretaker called me at work today.  Delores died this morning.  It's for the best.  She was suffering and there was no way she could have recovered.