• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 07:56:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 499
Total: 499

It's getting cold

Started by GraphicGr8s, November 18, 2014, 09:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiggs

Ed, The pictures that you take are fantastic!! I love outdoor pictures like the ones you put up here. If I could take pictures like that, no one would be able to see the walls in my house.  ;D   I really like the last FALL picture, that one would be in my frontroom for everyone to see when they came to visit.
Jan

EdKaz

QuoteDSR? Is that the right acronym?

Nope......It DSLR as I wrote it...........Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera

QuoteAnd Photoshop?

Lightroom AND Photoshop.

I shoot in Raw......... the digital equivalent of a film based negative. No Lightroom and or Photoshop use, no pictures ...................just a bunch of 0's and 1's. ;)

EdKaz

Thanks Jan.
We USED to hang a BUNCH,too many........ but when we moved in here 10-11 years ago we decided not to hang ANY............including kids and or grandkids pictures. The kids pictures are all on a shelf in the living room........and for the most part, MY pictures live in my computers.

LizStreithorst

Quote from: EdKaz on November 20, 2014, 03:01:13 PM

QuoteAnd Photoshop?

Lightroom AND Photoshop.

I shoot in Raw......... the digital equivalent of a film based negative. No Lightroom and or Photoshop use, no pictures ...................just a bunch of 0's and 1's. ;)

Wow! You shoot in Raw.  I'm impressed.  I have a Nikon D80.  It's a good camera.  But I have never used Raw because I'm not a good enough photographer to take advantage of it.  I had some an application that came pre-installed on on my very first computer was very much like photo shop.  I could do EVERYTHING with it.  It was great for me then, but I don't need it for what I do these days. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: EdKaz on November 20, 2014, 03:01:13 PM

QuoteAnd Photoshop?

Lightroom AND Photoshop.

I shoot raw + jpeg. I've found for most of what I shoot I am never going to print and the people I send them to would never care about how I got there. For a while I was doing a lot of panos. Average pano was 20+ shots and of course all the work was from the raw files. And hours of PS.
I use to teach PS and up until they went to CC I was an Adobe PS pre public beta tester.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

BillT

LizStreithorst

Forgive my ignorance but does "panos"  translate to "panoramas"?  If it does, and you did that and did it well, you are a genius.  I've seen some that I couldn't find the editing in appeared to do things that weren't possible.  They fascinated me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

EdKaz

QuoteI shoot raw + jpeg. I've found for most of what I shoot I am never going to print and the people I send them to would never care about how I got there. For a while I was doing a lot of panos. Average pano was 20+ shots and of course all the work was from the raw files. And hours of PS.
I use to teach PS and up until they went to CC I was an Adobe PS pre public beta tester.

Ive shot with Canons since their flagship 30D and invested in Canon L Lenses. So Im kinda stuck with Canon though not exactly thrilled with their in camera jpeg rendition of colors. Used to shoot Raw and Jpeg but typically just tossed the Jpegs along with the many bad and mediocre shots anyways after Raw conversions. So Now I just stick to Raw and import everything into lightroom with several presets Ive made up. Uses up lots more room than strictly jpegs, and makes for a lil extra work, but I keep shooting and using strictly RAW for that one picture  that might wind up worthy of fighting the wife  to print large and hang on the living room walls again.

Hmmmmm a PS teacher huh? You might not have wanted to mention that...... I might do some brain pickin at some time.

Seems the more I THINK I know about PS,  the more I learn I have barely scratched the surface of the programs entire capabilities...............and Ive been stumbling my way around PS since V4  :-[

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 20, 2014, 08:33:50 PM
Forgive my ignorance but does "panos"  translate to "panoramas"?  If it does, and you did that and did it well, you are a genius.  I've seen some that I couldn't find the editing in appeared to do things that weren't possible.  They fascinated me.

Yeah panoramas. For a period of time I was shooting a bunch of them. We finally got large format at work so I got to see two of them printed 7" x 42". The files are about 10' long so there is a bunch of reduction. And no. I can't see the seems.
About 5-6 years ago a member on the Pentax forum said you couldn't do a good pano with a P&S. So while on vacation in Lancaster PA I shot a pano of the main street hardware store. With a 5mp Kodak Easy share. I proved my point.

I shoot Pentax digital.
Also Pentax film with 4-5 bodies.
Minolta.
Mamiya 35 mm.

Won't touch a canon or nikon and hate being in front of either lens.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were