• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 02:09:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 535
Total: 535

It's getting cold

Started by GraphicGr8s, November 18, 2014, 09:12:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdKaz

Quotethe little "ice bells"

Nice Catch !

LizStreithorst

Just curious, Pauline.  Have you ever taken a shot at selling your pictures to different magazines?  I don't know how you would go about it but I know I guy who should know because he has done it.  I will ask him if you like.  You are good.  Your work deserves a wider audience.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 19, 2014, 08:03:54 PM
Just curious, Pauline.  Have you ever taken a shot at selling your pictures to different magazines?  I don't know how you would go about it but I know I guy who should know because he has done it.  I will ask him if you like.  You are good.  Your work deserves a wider audience.

I agree, you have talent.... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

Quote from: Mugwump on November 19, 2014, 03:48:41 PM
LOL.....Naw.....just enjoying the seasons... ;D

SEASONS????
Seems anymore we have just 2...............Summer and Winter.

Spring and Fall have been Cancelled................... or at the very least cut WAAAAAAY TOO SHORT.

I took These just 2-3 weeks ago.

Last week............. it was pictures of it SNOWING out my back door ::)

Fall wasnt/isnt a season anymore...........its turned into nothing but a week long TEASE >:(

Mugwump

Holy Moly, Ed...............great work there.....very nice pics  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The first one knocked my socks off.  I looked at all the others and thought that I'd picked the best until I came to the last one.  Both are good, but the last one is very good.

Forgive me y'all for being the critic of what's good when I can't myself create.  It's that I think I have an eye for quality.  It's all I have so I might as well share what I think I'm good at.  What I say is just my silly opinion.
Always move forward. Never look back.

EdKaz

Thanks John and Liz

QuoteForgive me y'all for being the critic of what's good

The world NEEDS honest critics..........you have nothing to aplogize for.

ilroost

I agree with there being only 2 seasons now days. It seems like it goes from summer to winter any more

EdKaz

Heres a few more from our 2 week long spring :(

Some Kid Pictures........

And a Couple Horses for you Liz  ;)

GraphicGr8s

Wow. Some really nice shots there. I love where this thread went.

BTW you must have really good equipment.

(I just love when people say that on my shots. Talent has nothing to do with it. )
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

PaulineMi

Those are gorgeous photos. They exemplify the difference between having knowlege of the camera, composition, lighting, etc and taking a picture of what is seen (my method  :)).
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Yup, Ed does have some camera equipment....yup..... 8)
Jon

EdKaz

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on November 19, 2014, 10:23:49 PM
Wow. Some really nice shots there. I love where this thread went.

Thanks everyone
Photography has been a passion of mine since a "few" years back in High school.
My whole family has been blessed with the ability to draw and paint WELL.............cept me. Never could draw worth a damn.................so I picked up a camera instead.

Its been  a blessing  in that it has caused me to SLOW DOWN and REALLY look around me.(sometimes for too long, as I often get "lost" in how to try to make the picture look as awesome as what my eyes see).

I am to this day curiously amazed at all the wonderful things that surround us......EYE CANDY... that causes one to smile and realize there is FAR more at work on this planet of ours than what we typically "see"...................IF WE SLOW DOWN TO ACTUALLY SEE THEM.

Pauline said:
"......... taking a picture of what is seen (my method  :))."

Your "ice bells" are AWESOME!!!!  Most people would have glanced at em(if they would have noticed them at all) , MAYBE thought thats kinda neat..... and scurried away, too busy to really stop and look...........let alone REALLY look, and take the time to take a few pictures to share with others who may not be as fortunate to see the "lil things" as you did/do. BRAVO!!!!

QuoteBTW you must have really good equipment.
(I just love when people say that on my shots. Talent has nothing to do with it. )

The ONLY picture of those I posted above in which equipment DID make a difference, is the one of the Girl on the horse, taken at near dark with no flash. My previous slough of "crappy" cameras earned me enough to buy a 6D last year,and shoot that one at ISO 25,600 while keeping 'grain' well in check with minimal post processing.

Here are a few Sunsets I recently shot with a Canon 10D.............an "old school" 6 megapixel DSLR and its "kit lens" that today can be found on Ebay and or Craigslist for $100-$150. I take it out all the time to remind MYSELF......its NOT all about the camera.

And a couple winter shots from a few years ago..........Before I started to REALLY dislike winter weather.

Ron Sower

DSR? Is that the right acronym?
And Photoshop?
I've enjoyed my friend's, Stan, remarkable work using these techniques and tools.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron