• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 06:59:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 475
Total: 476

Creak..groan...morn'n Monday

Started by Mugwump, February 17, 2014, 05:49:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carpking

Quote from: Mugwump on February 17, 2014, 05:37:49 PM
Quote from: ilroost on February 17, 2014, 03:54:24 PM
I love the swaps, but man they get to crowded. Couldn't hardly even move in there. I like the place they had before this one, it seemed like more room to move around.

I agree Bob, over in Naperville it was great...big wide aisles and all.....we had a couple crowds like that over there.....I think it was of the last one's Aron/Lori got to go too before moving west....???

Naperville had wider aisles, but only by 18".  Also had a blend of 6' and 8' tables. Not all tables were 8'. Additionally, there were only 68 tables there.   

Prior to this venue we were at the Belvedere.  Were you a vendor there?  It was awful. Vendors had to come in through the back, and push everything up a steep, ramped loading dock. Ask Capt Bob how fun that was. The cost of the Belvedere was approaching ludicrous as well.

I can go out right now and secure 10k+ sq ft.  Room for 100 tables, and big 12' aisles. Admission will be $10 and tables will be $100.

Should I pull the trigger?

Mugwump

LOL...I remember Belvidere welll...and that small place in Countryside....wow...talk about tight...

Naperville always seemed bigger, but you're right ....probably not by much...do you remember how big the room was up by the race track??....it was a Hilton, I think...had the inside pool park, etc...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Carpking

Quote from: Mugwump on February 18, 2014, 11:08:58 AM
LOL...I remember Belvidere welll...and that small place in Countryside....wow...talk about tight...

Naperville always seemed bigger, but you're right ....probably not by much...do you remember how big the room was up by the race track??....it was a Hilton, I think...had the inside pool park, etc...

76 tables, don't remember exact sguare footage.  Smallest aisles of all venues. Least amount of electricity.

I only wish all of our "club members" (meaning early swap registration members) were as vocal at meetings, or even showed up at meetings.  Or here's a thought, maybe check some places out and send along the info. 

Just saying.

Mugwump

Quote from: Carpking on February 18, 2014, 11:29:37 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 18, 2014, 11:08:58 AM

76 tables, don't remember exact sguare footage.  Smallest aisles of all venues. Least amount of electricity.

I only wish all of our "club members" (meaning early swap registration members) were as vocal at meetings, or even showed up at meetings.  Or here's a thought, maybe check some places out and send along the info. 

Just saying.

I can understand about more folks getting to meetings, etc....I wish we were closer, we may just try to make the trip down for several anyway...GCCA has some really good folks as members..

The only place around here might be at No Ill Univ....just up the street...I'll ask around up there...St Charles used to have a couple places...but only one that I can think of now...??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson