• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 08:41:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 580
Total: 581

My Turn.....

Started by PaulineMi, August 17, 2013, 11:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Glad your father is doing well
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

PaulineMi

Thanks so much for thinking of and praying for my Dad.  He was moved to ICU with pneumonia and low blood pressure but only for a day.  He is back in a regular room and they have him sitting up in chair. He looked a lot better yesterday.   :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Sounds like the normal up/down/up.....now on the up, he'll be home soon... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

I am continuing to think of you and your dad Pauline.  Rehab for him soon I bet.  Take care of yourself,
Barb

wsantia1

Good to hear he's getting better. Prayers still with you.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Thanks again everyone.  Appreciate the prayers Willie.

Jon...yes re the up and down stuff.  He survived a ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm ten years ago. Total roller coaster ride!

Barb you are right.  He was moved to transitional care today.  And the fish are a good diversion. The hospital and my Dad's house are 80 miles away.  The daily travels are pretty tiring.

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

PaulineMi

Well the prayers and my Dad's determination have truly been a success. This 89 year old guy was sitting outdoors enjoying a hot dog and watermelon this afternoon.  He's got a ways to go but it's great to visit him seeing improvement each time.

Thank you.   :)

BallAquatics

That's great news Pauline!  Thanks for the update.

Dennis

Mugwump

Wonderful news, that's good to hear.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

That's very good news. :)
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

P4Angels2

That's great news Pauline!  Thanks for the update. :D

PaulineMi

Am happy to share the joy.

Again....thanks.

Barb

Good news Pauline, he is a strong man, just like my mom is a strong lady of 89.  What month was he born?  My mom, May 1924.
Barb

PaulineMi

My Dad was born November 15, 1924.

My friend's Mom is in the same age bracket. The only thing wrong with her is she's hard of hearing. She doesn't even have to wear reading glasses!

LizStreithorst

So good to hear that he is enjoying life again.
Always move forward. Never look back.