• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 06:16:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 423
Total: 423

My Turn.....

Started by PaulineMi, August 17, 2013, 11:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

....to request prayers or positive thoughts sent this way.  My nearly 89 year old Dad suffered a broken hip.  Surgery Sunday morning.

In the commotion of the day I rushed out to the hospital and left my RO unit running. Was going to put the float valve on it.....procrastination..... :o. Lotsa water on the basement floor. Luckily it's cement in the fish room.  Imagine.....my first thought was "all that wasted RO water".
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

ilroost

praying for your father

P4Angels2

Sending thoughts and prayers your way!!

Awesome that at least it was a concrete floor!!!

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Mugwump

Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

LizStreithorst

Hope everything goes well for him, Pauline.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hope all goes well for your dad! Thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

And the same from me too Pauline, pm coming your way.
Barb

BallAquatics

We will be thinking of you and your father around here Pauline.  Here's wishing him a speedy recovery.

Dennis

BillT

PaulineMi

Thanks so much everyone.  Surgery went well.  Afterwards he was groggily stating he wanted to get back to his room because the Tiger game started at 1:00.  :)

He's frail due to previous health issues but has an excess of determination with a healthy dose of stubbornness.  That and all the well wishes have things going in the right direction.

Mugwump

a quote from my favorite guy.....your Dad sounds like my kinda guy too....good for him ;D

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson
Jon

b125killer

I'm happy that surgery went well. thoughts and prayers to you and your family. 
Scott

Mir

Glad it went well. Hope he has a speedy recovery! <3
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'