• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 04:51:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 527
Total: 527

New dog?

Started by Rjb3, May 02, 2017, 06:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rjb3

He's a rescue. We should know in a day or so. There's one applicant ahead of us. We're hoping to be number one because we're retired and the dog's owners were retired-no kids. Also, we've had Mastiffs before.

The story is the husband died and the widow needed to move. They had two Mastiffs and she could only keep one. She put the young one up for adoption because the older one is eight or nine and takes some meds. This guy is only 7 mo. old. Not sure if I'm ready for another dog yet, but the die has been cast.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18194081_10212241993832697_9021007265348415979_n.jpg?oh=fe8d1fc033484c5e779193dfb6ea3756&oe=5987BA22

BallAquatics

Great looking dog Bob.

Dennis

Rjb3

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 02, 2017, 06:48:55 AM
Great looking dog Bob.

Dennis

Thanks. He is a beauty. Fingers crossed.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 02, 2017, 06:47:24 AM
He's a rescue. We should know in a day or so. There's one applicant ahead of us. We're hoping to be number one because we're retired and the dog's owners were retired-no kids. Also, we've had Mastiffs before.

The story is the husband died and the widow needed to move. They had two Mastiffs and she could only keep one. She put the young one up for adoption because the older one is eight or nine and takes some meds. This guy is only 7 mo. old. Not sure if I'm ready for another dog yet, but the die has been cast.

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18194081_10212241993832697_9021007265348415979_n.jpg?oh=fe8d1fc033484c5e779193dfb6ea3756&oe=5987BA22

...very nice pup.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

You could get one of those sulkies they make for large dogs and put him to work moving srubs at the garden center.

Dennis

Tony44

Nice looking dog looks like the one from that old Tom hanks movie turner and hooch good luck with getting him
RIGHT TURN CLYDE

Rjb3

Quote from: Tony44 on May 02, 2017, 07:09:33 AM
Nice looking dog looks like the one from that old Tom hanks movie turner and hooch good luck with getting him

Yup. He's a Dogue de Bordeaux. A French Mastiff.

Time will well if we get him or not. Timing is everything. A friend texted his picture to us Sunday night. Monday morning we were at the shelter when it opened and there was one applicant for him ahead of us already. So, unless they take more applications for the same dog, our chances are 50/50.

Rjb3

So, I get a call from the animal shelter today. . . . . . It seems the other applicant is meeting the dog tomorrow and they will determine who gets him. I said lady, you got me all excited.

LizStreithorst

Best of luck, my captain.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 03, 2017, 01:59:18 PM
So, I get a call from the animal shelter today. . . . . . It seems the other applicant is meeting the dog tomorrow and they will determine who gets him. I said lady, you got me all excited.

...get a hold of the other party and tell them that Uncle Vito wants to talk to them about an offer that they can not refuse...... ;)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

Quote from: Mugwump on May 03, 2017, 05:05:20 PM

...get a hold of the other party and tell them that Uncle Vito wants to talk to them about an offer that they can not refuse...... ;)

LOL  I actually thought about offering money over and above the adoption fee.

I'm concerned because the other party has not met the dog. I thought our retirement home and previous experience with Mastiffs would help us out. But, placement will be determined after the other folks first meeting so, I guess they're still in the running.

Mugwump

Quote from: Rjb3 on May 03, 2017, 05:19:18 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 03, 2017, 05:05:20 PM

LOL  I actually thought about offering money over and above the adoption fee.

I'm concerned because the other party has not met the dog. I thought our retirement home and previous experience with Mastiffs would help us out. But, placement will be determined after the other folks first meeting so, I guess they're still in the running.

....oh I see.....so no horse head in their bed, huh?.....sheesh.....
Jon

Ron Sower

...go for the horse head....!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Rjb3

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 04, 2017, 12:05:31 PM
...go for the horse head....!

My thoughts are turning to that.

The people first in line aren't going to meet the dog until 5:30. They close at 6. Questions come to mind. Why wait a week to see the dog? They could have met him when they were there to fill out an application. How could they have time for a dog if they're so busy they couldn't meet him for a week.

There's something rotten in Denmark. We won't be disappointed, cuz in the back of our minds somebody already has this deal locked up.

Tony44

Hopefully there is a someone with a brain running that place and they can put 2x2 together.if you have to go for second meeting rub some treats around your pockets so the dog keeps nuzzling you like he picked you
RIGHT TURN CLYDE