• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 12:49:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 640
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 633
Total: 633

Newer headlights

Started by Mugwump, March 24, 2018, 07:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

e RAC has said new technology has made headlights brighter Drivers are being temporarily blinded by modern vehicle headlights, according to an RAC survey. Two-thirds of drivers say they are "regularly dazzled" by oncoming headlights even though they are dipped, the survey of 2,061 motorists suggests. One in 10 of those drivers said that it was five to 10 seconds before their eyesight then adjusted and they could see clearly again. The RAC said advances in headlight technology were causing the problem. About 15% of those drivers polled said they had nearly suffered a collision as a result of being dazzled by other drivers using full-beam headlights. 'Unwanted risk' RAC road safety spokesman Pete Williams said: "The intensity and brightness of some new car headlights is clearly causing difficulty for other road users.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on March 24, 2018, 07:15:37 AM
e RAC has said new technology has made headlights brighter Drivers are being temporarily blinded by modern vehicle headlights, according to an RAC survey. Two-thirds of drivers say they are "regularly dazzled" by oncoming headlights even though they are dipped, the survey of 2,061 motorists suggests. One in 10 of those drivers said that it was five to 10 seconds before their eyesight then adjusted and they could see clearly again. The RAC said advances in headlight technology were causing the problem. About 15% of those drivers polled said they had nearly suffered a collision as a result of being dazzled by other drivers using full-beam headlights. 'Unwanted risk' RAC road safety spokesman Pete Williams said: "The intensity and brightness of some new car headlights is clearly causing difficulty for other road users.

I agree.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on March 24, 2018, 07:37:09 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on March 24, 2018, 07:15:37 AM

I agree.

...me too.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

There are lots of them out there, too.

Mugwump

...driving in the snow is the worst tho......blinding wfwf
Jon

Rjb3

Lately, I'll be driving saying "Does everybody have their brights on tonight?" A quick flash of my brights and POOF, it's like somebody took your picture. In a few cases, they actually did have their brights on and dim them.