• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 21, 2024, 01:55:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,363
  • Total Topics: 18,545
  • Online today: 782
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 715
Total: 715

Aaaaah, relax time

Started by Mugwump, June 28, 2013, 04:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I've been up since 5am off and running. This after getting up at midnight to get #3 son, his old beater went capooey....So this morning, early, we ventured back out to the car so we could try to get it running.....
no cigar'...figured busted cap, or the stupid coil again....nope, switched out plug wires/plugs, etc...nope..tinkered with it half a day and finally shot the dang thing... ;D..23yr old beater is bye bye.... ;D..even if we'd got it running, it most likely wouldn't start/run again in a day or two...has to be an ignition short somewhere grounding it out....no ignition relay with this beater...bad wire ...not worth the time or money to keep chasing this....it's been an off/on thing for a couple weeks now...

But,,,Jan and I, got got the shopping done, and now the doors locked and the phones are off....LOL

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Yep.....first thing that I check was the small potential wire from the battery to a headlight terminal...usually the culprit, the wire gets under the battery, and erodes from the acid, or gets pinched, broken....shuts everything down....but all was good there....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I feel sorry for #3 son.  I'm sure that if he could afford something better he would be driving something better.  I 'bout have a heart attack when my van has problems, and it's only 14 years old.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on June 28, 2013, 05:34:37 PM
I feel sorry for #3 son.  I'm sure that if he could afford something better he would be driving something better.  I 'bout have a heart attack when my van has problems, and it's only 14 years old.

It was his go to work beater, and run around/fishing/hauling junk car.....Jan and I gave it to them 4 years ago, or so...was a good runner but temperamental on occasion...didn't like moist/humid air...we knew the old wiring had some faults here, and there, but WD40 sprayed around the wiring ,etc, kept issues at bay most times....alas....
Jon

b125killer

That suck sorry you couldn't get it going.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on June 28, 2013, 06:44:10 PM
That suck sorry you couldn't get it going.

It was past it's prime, by a long shot.....was going to happen soon anyway, I think....lots of good miles from that old van.....it paid it's dues in spades.....couple hundred thousand miles ++...
Jon

Frank The Plumber

I always burned up those small electronics packs in the top of the D cap on mine.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Mugwump

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on June 28, 2013, 08:17:48 PM
I always burned up those small electronics packs in the top of the D cap on mine.

Yep, quite common as they aged...
Jon