• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 01:28:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 442
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 442
Total: 442

Monday and the work week begins...

Started by LizStreithorst, July 11, 2022, 11:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

...whatever than means for us old farts.  I'm finally recovered from the standing and walking I did Saturday.  I've got a load of laundry hanging out and have shipped off 2 boxes of fish.

It looks like this last batch of rams that I'm selling now is heavy on males.  Out of 8 fish I have just 2 pairs.  A customer from a while ago emailed me this morning.  He has had great success with the 2 pairs he bought from me last time but they need a break from cranking out fry for a while.  He wants 3 pairs.  I'll send him the 2 plus my pair that is raising fry for me right now.  I have plenty of juvies that will be ready to go in just a few more weeks and I'm looking forward to keeping a pair from them to carry on with.

The Discus pair that has the good instincts are doing well with their babies.  I've never seen a pair handle their parential duties like this pair.  Dad keeps all kids eating from him during the morning hours and mom keeps them all on her back during the afternoon.

I peaked in on the stupid pair and they had eaten every one of their kids.  It's such a shame because they are my best pair when it comes to pattern and overall conformation.  Well, at least the half that put with the other pair are doing well.

Olivia came outside with me when I was hanging laundry.  I didn't see hide or hair of her when I came back in.  Later as I was bagging fish I saw her at the front door and invited her in.  She's not as smart a hen as Isabel was.  She came half way in and since I didn't want to leave the door open for her and let all the hot air inside, she went back out when I closed it.  Then just before I drove the fish up to Boe's she was at the door again.  This time when I opened the door she did come back in.  I haven't seen the fox for over a week now, but I'm sure he comes around once in a while just to check.

Now that I have regained a bit of strength I think I'll finally sweep the floors.  There are feathers everywhere.  I'll be happy when the lady is done with the molt and starts laying eggs again.

It's a beautiful day, but hot as hell as is has been for what seems like forever now.  I'll enjoy being inside.  We've been lucky and have had adequate rainfall from the storms that come on all of a sudden and disappear in 15 minutes.  I feel sorry for Barb who has been in a feast of famine routine since last year if I'm not mistaken.

Be well, friends.  I won't tell you to be good because I never am.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon Liz and everyone. It is a sunny and warm day here now that the rain is long gone. The humidity has not picked up again yet but it will as soon as tomorrow when the 90 degree temps return.

We will get some Thorms towards the end of the week and the temps will drop down a bit. Just in time for the weekend.

I just found out that my next door neighbor came down with COVID late last week. She is in her mid 70s and has been taking care of her husband who's had a few issues this year. Our little group on our street have agreed to cook/buy them dinner this week until she can get back on her feet.

Last winter she took it upon herself to organize meals for a neighbor that she hardly knew when that person had COVID so bad that she was intubated for a month. Now we get to look after her. |^| |^| |^|

I've been working on the fish tanks as usual but this time with extreme urgency because I had some die offs with my Pitch Blacks. I am still in good shape with them but I am pretty upset that I took my eye off the ball on them over the weekend.

It doesn't take much for the PBs to struggle. With that said I can't remember the last time I lost one of their Gold siblings. huh huh huh

It's time to go check on those PBs again so I'll check back later. Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.