• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 09:22:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 319
Total: 320

Happy April Fools Day

Started by wsantia1, April 01, 2022, 04:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good evening everyone. Yesterday's big storm missed us but it hit a couple of counties north west of us. They think is was a tornado but I'm not sure what the weather service said it was.

We got a lot of rain and the wind blew over my grill but I don't see any damage. The temps have dropped into the 50s and we still have wind gust up to 40 mph so I left the grill laying down on the patio.

It's been a busy day for me as I've been mostly running errands and paying bills. I today I had to go about 40 miles north so I made a list if all of the things I usually run up there for (dog food and meds, groceries, etc.) so I could try to tackle them all on the same trip. It took me a little longer than expected but I got most of them done.

I'm putzing around in my fishroom for the moment and looking around I see that my mess is back to where it was a couple of weeks ago. I guess it give me more reason to continue putzing.

Barb, I hope your mom is still doing well. Have a wonderful evening everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Good evening fellow Mugkseteers.  Willie, I was surprised when I drove into Ellisville this morning and saw several large trees blown down.  Weather is so hit and miss.  So far I've been lucky.

I had a nice day today.  I groomed my neighbors cute mixed breed.  That little guy is so darned cute.  I need to take a pic of him and post it so y'all can see.  Not tomorrow though.  The poor little dude has a tooth that abscessed that will be pulled tomorrow.

Then further north to Laurel to the liquor store for a box of red wine and a 1/2 pint or brandy for the coq au vin I want to make.  Then back south to Ellisville where I got a couple more bales of shavings at the feed store and the rest of the ingredients I need for my Coq au Vin.  Coq au Vin sounds fancy with it's French name but it's really just a chicken stew made with wine.  Besides I needed ice cream.  I'd been out for 2 days.

Once I got home I finished bedding the chicken house, set up another feeder inside their house where the critters couldn't rob it, and mulched the rest of my veggie garden.

WC is done now and even though it's just 7 pm I'm starting to poop out.  First I need to put my chicken in wine to marinate and get into a good hot tub.  See y'all tomorrow friends.
Always move forward. Never look back.