• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 10:34:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 52
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 25
Total: 26

Albino x Black pair

Started by GeorgeG, December 14, 2014, 10:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeorgeG

Why is it that I never see anyone talking about this combination ?

Is it not a good combination to work with ?

I noticed this morning that I have this exact pair that spawned in one of my 100 gallon tanks so I put them in a 29gal tank with the eggs to see what would happen. I do not think they will hatch because of my very hard water. So I cleaned out the tank and filled it 25% full and turned on my R.O System to drip the softer water in over the next 12 hours to fill it.

The pair is an Albino PB not a Dantum like I thought and a Black but not sure if it is one of my DD Blacks or one of the others has has the gold gene.

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on December 14, 2014, 10:20:03 AM
Why is it that I never see anyone talking about this combination ?

Is it not a good combination to work with ?

I noticed this morning that I have this exact pair that spawned in one of my 100 gallon tanks so I put them in a 29gal tank with the eggs to see what would happen. I do not think they will hatch because of my very hard water. So I cleaned out the tank and filled it 25% full and turned on my R.O System to drip the softer water in over the next 12 hours to fill it.

The pair is an Albino Dantum and a Black but not sure if it is one of my DD Blacks or one of the others has has the gold gene.

It is an odd combo for sure........all the fry will be 'het' for albino tho....possibly some folks shy away because of the black/albino presence.....both can be a challenge at times to get surviving fry...??

I believe that albino should block the black too...??....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GeorgeG

Mugwump

Quote from: GeorgeG on December 14, 2014, 01:45:24 PM
Well I will see what happen.

Excellent....a sibling cross should yield some special fry.... ;D....Albino Pinoys....David has some..here's his pic...

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ghonk

They wouldn't be Pinoys with out the pb gene.
Unless the black is het?

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on December 14, 2014, 05:45:40 PM
They wouldn't be Pinoys with out the pb gene.
Unless the black is het?

That pic is his 'target' result....if he has an albino pb/pb...and crosses to dark...they'll all be 'het' for albino and pb.....the sibling cross then is...boomba!!!!!!....Pinoy Albino...
Jon

ghonk

OP said Albino Dantum,i see George changed it now.

GeorgeG

After I got to looking closer I see the blue on the albino and was not the dantum I thought it was