• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 03:29:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 628
Total: 628

Spawns===>

Started by Mugwump, August 20, 2013, 02:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Thanks, I do need more tanks. I'm thinking two more 55s for grow out. I have a 20H I just need to get it going. I'm going to put the pb clown/smokey paraiba in there.  I just can't keep all the fry. A lot of the time I just let the parents deal with them. This time seem different, The chocolate blues still have eggs. I think it might be a record for them. They must know I don't have the room for them. Also the pb clown/smokey paraiba eggs have hatched. That's great I was wondering about them.
I have a few Chocolate blues that I could let go if your interested in them Willie. I could bring them to the next swap. They are such beautiful angels. 

Scott

ilroost

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 28, 2013, 07:47:24 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on September 28, 2013, 10:32:21 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 28, 2013, 08:45:58 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on September 28, 2013, 08:29:31 AM
The  manacapuru x pair that I got from Jon as juvies and spawned on 9/22 now has free swimmers.  Hopefully they wont eat them like they did the last time I left them with a spawn.  They are in a quiet area in the house.  I also have some fry from this pair that have been free swimming for 8 days.  I'm raising those.

They're in rhythm now....you must be doing it all right ;D...congrats...nice job. You'll see some blue blushers in there +/+ S/S.....save yourself ( and me ;D) some of those. You can sell them all day at a swap....plus it's a beautiful phenotype. If you can get a pair going, you're in business.

and I might add...look for the little button on the forehead....there won't be many, but you'll want those....yep.

Thanks Jon.  I'll make sure I save you some.

Not a great picture but this is pair with fry.

/quote]

This is the projection of the fry from this spawn.  I can already see some of these developing especially the silver and the blushings.

#    Phenotypes   %
1    Silver                 18.75 %
2    Blue silver    6.25 %
3    Ghost                 37.5 %
4    Blue ghost           12.5 %
5    Blushing                18.75 %
6    Paraiba                  6.25 %
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

That looks like about the right mix...I believe it's the ghosts that carry the pb mostly.
I don't see a pic??...did you post one?...if you're having trouble getting the pic up here, let me know, I'll walk you thru it....easy after you do it once... :D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 08, 2013, 08:09:08 AM
That looks like about the right mix...I believe it's the ghosts that carry the pb mostly.
I don't see a pic??...did you post one?...if you're having trouble getting the pic up here, let me know, I'll walk you thru it....easy after you do it once... :D

The picture was on the original post. It did not carry over.  I'll have to find it.  It is the ghost with the pb and this my ghost pair from that mana x spawn.
Willie

LizStreithorst

I have this miracle spawn.  This female Cuipeau of mine has been laying every 9 days for like 6 weeks despite of all the stuff I've had going on in my tanks. She seems to have stolen the heart of my PB male.  They are in a tank with 8 other Discus.  This time, against all odds their eggs turned into wigglers.  I have been doing 80% daily WC in that tank for over a week.  The eggs (now wigglers) have been exposed to the air for about 10 minutes before I start refill.  And I have only gotten eggs to hatch 2 other times in straight tap.  This shouldn't be happening.

I wish this were a pair I wanted to work with.  They have been so tenacious that they make me want to see what they might produce.  Who knows?  I might be surprised.  But to my mind, no good can come of  breeding a smallish poorly colored female Cuipeau to an average quality male PB.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Just did some water changes and then had some lunch.  After lunch checked on my angels and found a surprise.  Two of my Smokey Paraibas from Jon deposited a huge spawn (where else but on the intake tube) in my 75 gallon community tank. 

This tank is populated with a couple of old timers (1 marble super veil  & 1 gold veil ) and several other Paraiba siblings.  There is also 1 Manacapura x in there. 

Yes the tank is a little overstocked. At this time I'm not sure what I am going to do, however I am glad I have a pair of these. Now it's back to the drawing board since I have small set up. (only 11 tanks).

BTW my plats spawned again also. 
Willie

Mugwump

Congrat's...can you swap out the filter intake tube with another one???
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Yes I can.  I can take the bottom half off and that will pick up about half the spawn.  The parents can keep the other half. LOL
Willie

Mugwump

Love it when a plan comes together..... 8)

if you want another spawn to pull....lean a slate against the intake tube ;D
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 09, 2013, 05:18:43 PM
Love it when a plan comes together..... 8)

if you want another spawn to pull....lean a slate against the intake tube ;D

Well I was a little slow to pull the trigger on these and when I checked after dinner the eggs were gone... :o :o :o. Probably was the best thing at this time.  I really needed another week to have things flowing good with these spawns. :-\ :-\ :-\
Willie

Mugwump

Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on October 10, 2013, 08:43:09 AM
Pretty fish  ;D

He looks better from the other side where all his markings are. I need to take better pictures. ::)
Willie

b125killer

nice angel Willie Good luck with there spawn. My Chocolate blues and the St.Isabel/Rio Negro ate there spawn. I'm not to sure why the St.Isabel/Rio Negro decided to eat there eggs this time. oh well I didn't have room for them anyways. The pb clown/smokey paraiba fry are free swimming.   
Scott

wsantia1

Quote from: wsantia1 on October 10, 2013, 08:53:40 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on October 10, 2013, 08:43:09 AM
Pretty fish  ;D

He looks better from the other side where all his markings are. I need to take better pictures. ::)

Thanks Scott.  I was hoping to get some chocolate smokeys out of that pair.  I'll be ready for them next time.LOL ;D ;D ;D
Willie