• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 04:59:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 653
Total: 653

Jeep pickup coming...

Started by Mugwump, January 13, 2016, 08:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 16, 2016, 08:39:32 PM
Ok, Mr. Smarty Pants.  You find a civilized Jeep for me.  I'll have reliable transportation with Charlotte once she has her heart replaced.  Everything on her only has 88,000 miles.  Find me a Jeep that will be able to make a long trip to say Chicago without me feeling all jiggled around and worn out and won't make me have my heart in my mouth the entire time.

I am not a spoiled yuppie bitch princess.  I know what I need.  If a Jeep can give me what I need I will buy one.  Show me the model that I need to buy please, son.

Well, M'am......NO.....If I can find another Jeep like my old one,'90, or older, I might just get it myself.....so there
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Well, sir.  It will be a fun vehicle for you.  It is not what I need.  We're cool.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 16, 2016, 09:20:31 PM
Well, sir.  It will be a fun vehicle for you.  It is not what I need.  We're cool.

Righto.....you need a yuppie car  |^| =;-)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Seriously, if you plan to travel, like Chicago, you'll need a nice economical sedan with good mileage, and comfortable too....maybe even a SUV type??
Jon

LizStreithorst

I'll think on it some.  I yearn for small.  All the sedans look the same...generic cars.  I have at least 3 months before I'm in the position to buy something.  That should be enough time for me to get it all sorted out.  Big things take time and thought, you know.  I sure don't want to make the wrong choice.  What do you have against the Mazda?  I 'm fond of Toyota and I'm very fond of Mazda.
Always move forward. Never look back.

sschind

Quote from: Mugwump on January 16, 2016, 05:57:14 AM
Quote from: sschind on January 15, 2016, 10:25:19 PM
I remember when my niece was first learning to talk she kept referring to her dad's "heep"  Of course she was calling my 57 chevy a junker so what did she know.  She was a baby for cryin' out loud.

I do think that is going to be a popular vehicle.  Its not for me but a lot of people will go for it.  I'm not really into 4 door pickups either.  Extended cabs are fine but the full four doors, again, not for me.

True..but fact is...pick ups aren't for everyone either. I think that I saw a (2) door version...I'll look again...

I googled it and did see the 2 door version.  It looked better.  As far as quality I don't think there is an issue that they are dependable and they get the job done and usually quite well but as you said its not going to be a luxury ride.  They are working vehicles and they are built like it.

Ever ride in any of the earlier Corvettes.  Faster than hell and handle like a dream but they ride rougher and louder than hell and when you were in one luxury was the last word you would ever think of.  I'd never want to take one on a long road trip.  That's kinda the way I think jeeps are. Since I turned 18, until last July (that's a long time in case you are wondering) I've owned a pickup and I miss mine a lot. 
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB