• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 01:57:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 815
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 769
Total: 769

Jeep pickup coming...

Started by Mugwump, January 13, 2016, 08:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

sschind

I've never been a big fan of Jeeps.  I don't really care for the boxy squared off looks and it always looks like the doors were an afterthought.  They look like a cheap snap together plastic model to me.  Unless they are olive drab with a white star on the hood I don't have much use for one.

I guess I just don't undertstand
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on January 13, 2016, 09:23:40 PM
I've never been a big fan of Jeeps.  I don't really care for the boxy squared off looks and it always looks like the doors were an afterthought.  They look like a cheap snap together plastic model to me.  Unless they are olive drab with a white star on the hood I don't have much use for one.

I guess I just don't undertstand

I had a red '90 Jeep Islander for 23 yrs.....4.0 ltr straight 6......rag top....best vehicle that I've ever owned, I miss that old Jeep....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

sschind

I remember when my niece was first learning to talk she kept referring to her dad's "heep"  Of course she was calling my 57 chevy a junker so what did she know.  She was a baby for cryin' out loud.

I do think that is going to be a popular vehicle.  Its not for me but a lot of people will go for it.  I'm not really into 4 door pickups either.  Extended cabs are fine but the full four doors, again, not for me.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

Quote from: sschind on January 15, 2016, 10:25:19 PM
I remember when my niece was first learning to talk she kept referring to her dad's "heep"  Of course she was calling my 57 chevy a junker so what did she know.  She was a baby for cryin' out loud.

I do think that is going to be a popular vehicle.  Its not for me but a lot of people will go for it.  I'm not really into 4 door pickups either.  Extended cabs are fine but the full four doors, again, not for me.

True..but fact is...pick ups aren't for everyone either. I think that I saw a (2) door version...I'll look again...
Jon

Ron Sower

I've had Jeep Cherokee and Grand Cherokee. Loved them both, but the grand had a universal problem that kept happening...grand was gone after second time!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

My husband had a Jeep.  I don't know which one it was but it reminded me of the army.  I kinda liked the way it looked but when I rode in it it seemed very cheaply made to me.  I never cared for it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 16, 2016, 04:14:36 PM
My husband had a Jeep.  I don't know which one it was but it reminded me of the army.  I kinda liked the way it looked but when I rode in it it seemed very cheaply made to me.  I never cared for it.

They weren't cheaply built....they were built more for off road, and rugged terrain  |^|...not a Sunday go to meeting car with a nice ride...sheesh
Jon

LizStreithorst

Whatever you say...I wasn't expecting a limo.  I was expecting a vehicle in which everything didn't rattle.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 16, 2016, 05:56:49 PM
Whatever you say...I wasn't expecting a limo.  I was expecting a vehicle in which everything didn't rattle.

....shheeeeeeesh, it's a Jeep not a 'beamer'.....hrrrumph......'Princess and the pea'....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on January 16, 2016, 06:15:48 PM

....shheeeeeeesh, it's a Jeep not a 'beamer'.....hrrrumph......'Princess and the pea'....

And Harrumph back to you, too.  As far as I'm concerned the quality was not good.  I am not a spoiled princess but I know quality.  It's one of my gifts that do me no good other than having pride in knowing good from not good.  (but I'll admit as you must, I've been mistaken before)

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 16, 2016, 06:34:56 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 16, 2016, 06:15:48 PM

And Harrumph back to you, too.  As far as I'm concerned the quality was not good.  I am not a spoiled princess but I know quality.  It's one of my gifts that do me no good other than having pride in knowing good from not good.  (but I'll admit as you must, I've been mistaken before)

Without that cheap vehicle, we'd have a very hard time in WWII.......I drove mine over 23yrs...263,000+ miles....t'ain't built for purty...it's built to git 'er done......wrong?..yep...somehow I thought that you might get a used Jeep for bang'n around....it would last you, and serve you well.....yep, I was wrong....you need a 'yuppie' car.....
Jon

LizStreithorst

I beg your pardon?????  WW11 was a long time ago, son.  They may have been built to run forever back then...I have my doubts if they are built to run forever these days.  Even back then they would tip over as soon as they saw a sideways slope.  I like the looks of a Jeep.  I like the square utilitarian look. 

I know what I need more than you do, my dear.  I have a banging around car although I don't bang her around.  I have my best girl, Charlotte.  What use would I have for a jeep?

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 16, 2016, 07:19:49 PM
I beg your pardon?????  WW11 was a long time ago, son.  They may have been built to run forever back then...I have my doubts if they are built to run forever these days.  Even back then they would tip over as soon as they saw a sideways slope.  I like the looks of a Jeep.  I like the square utilitarian look. 

I know what I need more than you do, my dear.  I have a banging around car although I don't bang her around.  I have my best girl, Charlotte.  What use would I have for a jeep?

Son ??.....LOL.....and the Jeep of mine lasted 23+.....and you won't be driving slopes....LOL....go get your yuppie car....LOL
Jon

LizStreithorst

Ok, Mr. Smarty Pants.  You find a civilized Jeep for me.  I'll have reliable transportation with Charlotte once she has her heart replaced.  Everything on her only has 88,000 miles.  Find me a Jeep that will be able to make a long trip to say Chicago without me feeling all jiggled around and worn out and won't make me have my heart in my mouth the entire time.

I am not a spoiled yuppie bitch princess.  I know what I need.  If a Jeep can give me what I need I will buy one.  Show me the model that I need to buy please, son.