• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 09:47:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,359
  • Total Topics: 18,544
  • Online today: 787
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 766
Total: 766

Wed nes day

Started by Mugwump, December 20, 2017, 02:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....most the errands done....but I've got the headache of all headaches..............

....time to chill......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Alright, what's everyone been up to today?...........

...tomorrow is the fun day....I get to go get the stocking stuffers  |^|.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Rjb3

I actually slept all day.

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

Walked into the shop and saw that a section of ceiling had come down and taken one of my four tube florescent lights with it.  It made a mess but the only thing of mine it killed was a 5/8" clipper blade that I think costs around $40.  Everything else of mine it took down was fixable without needing money.

The back story is that an gentlemen came to the shop about a month ago and handed me a legal document that said he was taking care of my shop now and that I should send my rent check to him.  My landlord has Alzheimer's.  I knew but I didn't know that he was in a nursing home and his wife had moved to the coast.  The guy taking care of my rental is an old family friend.  I asked him who I should call if something went wrong with the shop.  He gave me his personal phone number.  I didn't think I'd need it so soon.

I called him and told him what happened.  I told him that I have a good carpenter but that he stays busy.  He said he has a good one but he knows the guy is busy because he's waiting for him to do work.  Miracle of miracles, the guy shows up to check the damage.  His carpenter is an old guy.  He said that he would show up tomorrow to do the work.  I'm sure that he has a young crew.  The gentleman who is now taking care of my rental building told the carpenter to make every thing that was done wrong, right.  I'll have to take before and after pics.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 20, 2017, 05:02:13 PM
Walked into the shop and saw that a section of ceiling had come down and taken one of my four tube florescent lights with it.  It made a mess but the only thing of mine it killed was a 5/8" clipper blade that I think costs around $40.  Everything else of mine it took down was fixable without needing money.

The back story is that an gentlemen came to the shop about a month ago and handed me a legal document that said he was taking care of my shop now and that I should send my rent check to him.  My landlord has Alzheimer's.  I knew but I didn't know that he was in a nursing home and his wife had moved to the coast.  The guy taking care of my rental is an old family friend.  I asked him who I should call if something went wrong with the shop.  He gave me his personal phone number.  I didn't think I'd need it so soon.

I called him and told him what happened.  I told him that I have a good carpenter but that he stays busy.  He said he has a good one but he knows the guy is busy because he's waiting for him to do work.  Miracle of miracles, the guy shows up to check the damage.  His carpenter is an old guy.  He said that he would show up tomorrow to do the work.  I'm sure that he has a young crew.  The gentleman who is now taking care of my rental building told the carpenter to make every thing that was done wrong, right.  I'll have to take before and after pics.

.....He sounds like a fair guy.....you lucked out... w!w |^| w!w
Jon