• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 05:57:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 764
Total: 764

Tuesday eats...

Started by Mugwump, February 28, 2017, 03:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..tonight we're having baked pork chops, mashers, green beans, and artichoke hearts.......maybe some fruit too huh

...and yeppers.....it smells good in here.. |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Arby's roast beef. I have not been there for five years. Now I remember why. see you in another 5 years Arby's when I forget again. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 28, 2017, 06:12:47 PM
Arby's roast beef. I have not been there for five years. Now I remember why. see you in another 5 years Arby's when I forget again. huh

LOL....back in the day.....a Super Arby's was the muncher's choice... |eat|

....or White Castles and chili....LOLOLOL... |eat|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 28, 2017, 06:32:31 PM

LOL....back in the day.....a Super Arby's was the muncher's choice... |eat|

....or White Castles and chili....LOLOLOL... |eat|

No White Castles here. NYC is the closest place. huh
Willie

Barb

My cooking and our eating out, which we do a lot, all have to change to low salt now, for Bill.  I can do it.  Do any of you have good salt substitutes?  Mrs. Dash ones are all I have gotten so far.
Barb

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on February 28, 2017, 06:54:38 PM
My cooking and our eating out, which we do a lot, all have to change to low salt now, for Bill.  I can do it.  Do any of you have good salt substitutes?  Mrs. Dash ones are all I have gotten so far.
Barb

Dried seaweed flakes and kelp granules are a couple of options outside of traditional salt substitutes
Jon

Barb

Those sound interesting Jon, any idea where I could find them?  Health food store perhaps?

Mugwump

Quote from: Barb on February 28, 2017, 07:49:15 PM
Those sound interesting Jon, any idea where I could find them?  Health food store perhaps?

I would think so....we have one here that carries them....I would think?.. huh
Jon

Ron Sower

Ga again soon and get a Market Fresh Sandwich.. See if y ou like it better than their traditional roast beef offerings. We like the Reuben for the money.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on February 28, 2017, 10:15:07 PM

Ga again soon and get a Market Fresh Sandwich.. See if y ou like it better than their traditional roast beef offerings. We like the Reuben for the money.

I saw the fish and I was tempted. Based on your review I will give it a shot. I like Reuben's so I'll try that too.

I used to like Roy Rodgers roast beef but I haven't seen one of those in years. I think I last saw one on the Interstate somewhere. Anything you buy on the Interstate is way too expensive so I didn't stop.
Willie

BallAquatics

I've come to the point where most of the fast-food offerings just don't appeal to me anymore.   :(

I'll do the KFC special every once in a while, and a Big Boy plater now and then.....

Dennis

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 01, 2017, 07:49:57 AM
I've come to the point where most of the fast-food offerings just don't appeal to me anymore.   :(

I'll do the KFC special every once in a while, and a Big Boy plater now and then.....

Dennis

I am not big on fast food either.
Willie

Mugwump

..the yen for a specific fast food just comes and goes......or is handy when you're squeezed for time, etc....
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on March 01, 2017, 08:06:26 AM
......or is handy when you're squeezed for time, etc....

I guess I'm fortunate in that respect.  I can't recall the last time I found myself in that position.  I have been too lazy to want to cook on many occasions though.  LOL

Dennis