• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 07:42:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,348
  • Total Topics: 18,542
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 753
Total: 753

Saturday's grilling....

Started by Mugwump, February 18, 2017, 03:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....grilled da boigers this afternoon...and they were pretty dang yummy too....MMMmmmm...

might just pop some chicken or pork chops on there tomorrow..?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Steamed two Alaskan King crabs when I got home from work.  After water change I'm hungry again.  I stuck a sweet potato in the oven.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 18, 2017, 05:12:20 PM
Steamed two Alaskan King crabs when I got home from work.  After water change I'm hungry again.  I stuck a sweet potato in the oven.

'two' King crabs...?..... |^|....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I didn't think I could do it, but I did.  My sweet potato is ready now.  This is good,  I could stand another 5 lbs on my skinny body.  My britches are always to large around the waist and I ain't about to buy suspenders.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 18, 2017, 05:53:45 PM
I didn't think I could do it, but I did.  My sweet potato is ready now.  This is good,  I could stand another 5 lbs on my skinny body.  My britches are always to large around the waist and I ain't about to buy suspenders.

LOL......not all at once tho..... huh
Jon

LizStreithorst

I had the two big fine King Crab claws with lemon butter in one fell swoop.  I got full but they were so good that after I waited a bit I found room for more.  I should have made 1/2 of the sweet potato later.  My eyes were bigger than my stomach. 

waterboy

Burgers on the grill here too.  The weather is so great that we just had to take advantage if it.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

wallace

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 18, 2017, 05:53:45 PM

"On average, people who quit smoking gain about 10 pounds, according to Trina Ita, Quitline counseling supervisor for the American Cancer Society. Weight gain while quitting smoking can be traced to two factors. First, you eat more. If you're not smoking, you want to put something else in your mouth."

"?First, you eat more. If you're not smoking, you want to put something else in your mouth. Since you now can smell and taste food better, things like sugary and sweet foods become very attractive.
?The second reason is metabolic. "Nicotine increases the metabolic rate. When you stop smoking, your metabolic rate decreases," explains Lirio Covey, PhD, director of the smoking cessation program at Columbia University in New York."

That's from WebMD
Dan

LizStreithorst

I figured it was because of not smoking.  I'm just 115 now.  At 5'3" I can gain another and still be good.  If I go to 120 lbs it needs to be muscle, not fat.  It takes a lot of work to put on a lb of muscle, let alone 5.

ilroost

Liz, I would be more than happy to give you a few of my extra pounds!!! LOL

Mugwump

....LOL...I've got none to give.... |eat|
Jon

waterboy

I've got plenty you can have.  10 or 15 less wouldn't hurt me at all.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

LizStreithorst

It looks like I'll be capable of making them myself.  I'm starving again.  I just made one of my lovely meat loaves and popped in the oven.  It won't be ready for a whole hour.

wallace

I was a cracker-ass until I quit smoking, now theres a few pounds of flab. Cookies taste way better than they used to.

Dan

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron