• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 11:23:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,359
  • Total Topics: 18,544
  • Online today: 787
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 764
Total: 764

Little League World Series

Started by Mugwump, August 27, 2016, 01:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

This weekend in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, the 2016 Little World Series champion will be crowned. Four teams remain after weeks of games and tournaments. The four clubs:

Aguadulce, Panama
    Endwell, New York
    Goodlettsville, Tennessee
    Seoul, South Korea

Panama, is a perfect 3-0 in Williamsport and has outscored their opponents 16-6. South Korea, meanwhile, is 3-1 and has outscored their opponents 22-3. All three runs allowed came in their 3-2 loss to Panama earlier this week.

The New York club is 3-0 and have outscored opponents 23-13. Tennessee is 4-1 in the tournament. They've outscored their opponents 30-14. Here is the schedule for Saturday and Sunday's championship games.

Saturday, August 27

International Championship Game: South Korea vs. Panama, 12:30 p.m. ET (ABC and WatchESPN)

United States Championship Game: Tennessee vs. New York, 3:30 p.m. ET (ABC and WatchESPN)
Sunday, August 28

World Championship Game: International Champ vs. United States Champ, 3 p.m. ET (ABC and WatchESPN)

Consolation Game: International Loser vs. United States Loser, 10 a.m. ET (ESPN and WatchESPN)

South Korea won the Little League World Series in 2014. New York last won the title in 1964. Panama and Tennessee have never won a Little League World Series championship, though Tennessee was the runner up in 2012.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

waterboy

I have been watching some of the games this week. Pretty good baseball for a bunch of 12 & 13 year olds.
Dale

I'm not afraid of work.  I can lay down right next to it and go to sleep.

BallAquatics

I was pulling for KY, but alas, they ran out of pitching.....  I like it when someone new wins.

Dennis