• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 10:15:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 380
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 340
Total: 340

Daylight savings time

Started by Mugwump, March 07, 2013, 04:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Don't forget to set your clocks ahead on Sunday and check those smoke detector batteries, and other detectors too, if you have the CO2 , etc....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels2

already.............. i am not ready to give up my extra hour of sleep

Mir

<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

GeorgeG

We don't change our clocks but a good idea on the batteries

PaulineMi

I hate these time changes!   >:(
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

My boss just let's me come and go as I please so I don't mind it.....   8)

Dennis

PaulineMi

We have too many clocks, watches and the timers on the fish tank lights. Oh and also the clocks in the cars.

Dennis are you your own boss?  Lol.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

BallAquatics

Quote from: PaulineMi on March 09, 2013, 01:25:55 PM
Dennis are you your own boss?  Lol.

hee hee hee, sorry I was being facetious.

Dennis

LizStreithorst

The only thing I have against the time change in either direction is that I don't use an alarm clock.  I wake up by the way the light comes into my bedroom windows.  Lately I've been waking up earlier, so I think it's time for a change (pun?)   Sundays and Mondays are my days off so I have two days to adjust.  I like having more light in the evening.
Always move forward. Never look back.

sschind

It's only 8:13 now (pre adjustment) and I am already tired as heck.  I can't wait to lose that hour.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

PaulineMi

Quote from: sschind on March 09, 2013, 08:14:02 PM
It's only 8:13 now (pre adjustment) and I am already tired as heck.  I can't wait to lose that hour.

Lol.  You sound like my husband. He sees it as an opportunity to go to bed earlier, getting some extra sleep.

Mugwump

It really makes no difference to me....If I sleep around 5-6 good hrs,whatever, and still get up at 4-5 AM no alarm, nada...I've done it for years...I can stay up til after midnight, same thing...4-5 AM..it's a built in wake up....if I need extra sleep, I hit the rack a little early......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

QuoteWe have too many clocks, watches and the timers on the fish tank lights. Oh and also the clocks in the cars.

I want one clock to rule them all.

derick

we dont change ours till the end of march so a while to go yet.  :)
Derick

sschind

Quote from: PaulineMi on March 09, 2013, 08:18:38 PM
Quote from: sschind on March 09, 2013, 08:14:02 PM

Lol.  You sound like my husband. He sees it as an opportunity to go to bed earlier, getting some extra sleep.

Problem is I didn't get to bed until 11:30 and then when I set the clock ahead I automatically turned on the alarm which went off at 6:30.  Did I mention that I had no reason to wake up at 6:30 on a Sunday morning when there is no swap.
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB