• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 06:00:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,334
  • Total Topics: 18,537
  • Online today: 380
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 324
Total: 325

slow times

Started by Mugwump, June 18, 2013, 12:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Well, as usual, most forums get a bit slower during the summer time. We'll be no exception. We'll be here folks, drop by, and let us know what you're doing this summer. Fish keeping has no vacation; keep us posted on your current projects, and success's.  ;D.. I know that, Dennis and I, both like to get out with our family's too. It's grandkid's fishing time...yeeeeee haaaaaa..... :o
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels2

as long as them grandkids don't go fishing in your tanks you will have fun

Mugwump

Quote from: P4Angels2 on June 18, 2013, 08:38:44 PM
as long as them grandkids don't go fishing in your tanks you will have fun

LOL...had Harrison and Liam here today, by myself.....it was a fun day..walked down to a couple parks, tree stands, fields...looking for bugs and stuff...rock turning a kick... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

Our pre-summer is here~ Real summer in the Seattle area doesn't officially arrive until July 5th....after the typically rainey holiday weekend!!!!

Linda and I bought a 10' Coleman Sedona pop-up tent camping trailer a few weeks ago and took it on our maiden voyage last weekend for a 1-nighter.  We did so well with it that we ended up staying over a 2nd night!!!  And just so you know, Linda was a Holiday Inn camper....!  That was the closest she wanted to get to camping!  And it was her idea to get the pop-up~!~~~!

Things went really well.  Beautiful hi 60s-low 70s daytime temps, clear skies with occasional fluffy clouds!  Lots of friendly and quiet neighbors and a clean Good Sam RV Park with sparkling clean d?cor restroom facilities. 

I cooked all our meals on my small Weber charcoal grill that I love to cook on.  Hamburgers Friday night could never have tasted any better...! I did screw up some cinnamon rolls Sunday morning though.  I'll have to work on doing those on the grill. I've seen a few options on the 'net.

Saturday we went driving all around the area and had a beautiful view of Mt. St. Helens' top that got blown off a few years back. Watched a deer swim across a lake.  Saw several other deer by the road... the buck has the velvet on his antlers.  I spent about 40 minute shooting pics of a dilapidated old barn by the road.  I think our camera club will be having run down buildings as a focus topic one month this next year, so since I'm going to join it this year and try to learn some good photography, I might as well get started!!!

Anyway, our plans are to use the camper and travel to our g-daughter's softball games this summer...starting this weekend right back near where we stayed last weekend!!!

We're also going to continue to work around our home and empty 2 rental storage units, get some more plants in the little area we have to plant in, and sell a little real estate so I can keep upgrading my aquaria.  And, as you say, Mugs, fishkeeping as no vacation, so I'll be doing water changes, rescaping and trading off excess plants and fish.  The challenge is breeding and rearing fish in our display tanks, while all the time trying to reduce the tank sizes and numbers..!  That's not really working too well for me...!

So there you go, folks! Let's all have a great summer with our families and fish!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

That sounds like a nice way to travel and see things. You'll have a fun summer for sure....sweet
Jon