• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 08, 2024, 06:59:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 577
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 564
Total: 564

Raffle/contest...??

Started by Mugwump, May 15, 2013, 09:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

David has offered a $50 gift certificate to a contest, or raffle winner.....ok gang, let's have some ideas.......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

A photo contest is what everyone does, but I don't think it would work here.  Our interests are too diverse.  I think an essay contest would be a blast.  We have good writers here!  I would prefer a contest to a raffle, but I think raffle might be the most fair way to do it.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Angelfishusa

I know    I know.  The first one to piss of Liz?  Maybe too easy.  I'll keep thinking!

How about how many of my fish will place at Aquarama 2013?  I have 5 Discus entered in 5 different categories. 

So let's go for.  how may total trophies I'll bring home with me.

and let's do a BIG GRAND PRIZE!  $150 gift certificate for the first person that comes up with how many 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places...  and Grand Champion?
Pick all the correct guesses, and then pull the winner from a hat?

:-\

Mugwump

Now there's an idea, folks......do we need pics of the Discus?...what categories?..etc?.....When is the show?...how much time to get the picks in..?
Should we set up a  thread and show the picks everyone makes??? Perhaps we can send an e-mail out to all the members mentioning the contest. It'd be a good way to bring everybody 'home' ..LO

any more ideas folks.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Quote from: Angelfishusa on May 16, 2013, 07:24:56 AM
I know    I know.  The first one to piss of Liz?  Maybe too easy.  I'll keep thinking!

:-\

Hey Liz. Did David just win his own contest?  Lol.    ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Frank The Plumber

Aqua Rama in Singapore? I'm not going to guess. If you come back with hardware from there it's well earned.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

Angelfishusa

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on May 16, 2013, 12:10:13 PM
Aqua Rama in Singapore? I'm not going to guess. If you come back with hardware from there it's well earned.
Hey Frank, nice to see you here.  Guess I'm the only one that did know about this hang out.  Must thank that pest "liz" for giving me the secret key!
And yes, Singapore.  with Tony's fish I know i'll come back with some hardware.  What I want this year is the GRAND CHAMPION
last year i hit a couple of 1sts.  but not the Grand Champion.

Mugwump

Ah, Singapore.....beautiful place, I spent 10 days there on R & R, 1967....really enjoyed it...
Jon

Angelfishusa

Quote from: Mugwump on May 16, 2013, 12:36:53 PM
Ah, Singapore.....beautiful place, I spent 10 days there on R & R, 1967....really enjoyed it...
I'll be dead tired when i'm there.  !st 6 days in china working 16-20 hours a day.  Then a drive to Hong Kong and a nice long flight to Malaysia.  Next morning I'll be driving with the Tan's to the show. 

Mugwump

OK...are we guessing David's winners or what??......come on gang///chime in here please
Jon

pashley

i will give you my guess now, 3 1st's, 1 2nd, 1 3rd, and grand champion...... :o. hey, thinking positive here.....lol

Mugwump

I'll say.....4 1st, 1 2nd, and a Grand Champion.....
Jon

PaulineMi

A grand champion, 2 firsts, 1 second, 2 thirds. 

This is a contest guess even though hoping for all big winners!  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Barb

I will guess 3 firsts, 2 seconds and 1 third.
Barb

shatanka

I am guessing-1 Grand, 2 Firsts, 1 Second, 1 Third