• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 04:02:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 783
Total: 783

GSAS General Auction

Started by Ron Sower, April 21, 2015, 10:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

We had our general auction which is the largest fundraising event of the year for us last Sunday. Over 100 registered bidders and exactly 900 lots got auctioned off! Our largest grossing auction was in 2013. This one almost matched it.

These events are great for me. I love to get together with friends in the hobby and catch up with what they're doing, seeing the new people coming into the hobby with their unbridled enthusiasm and bidding on everything! Watching the experienced ones waiting to bid on the really good items and seeing them go for really higher prices than they really should....however....it IS a fundraiser. This is the money we use to bring in the big name speakers from all over the world.

It ran from 10m til 4pm. I spent the whole day prior just getting things bagged and labeled and loaded into the Burbon. Of course I left the fish and plants in the house until I left that morning. I did have to interupt my efforts with a showing or 2. Can you imagine the gall of someone....calling me in the middle of one of the most important tasks I ever have, and wanting to see a house????

https://www.facebook.com/gsas.org?fref=ts

If you go to our FB page, you'll see some of the stuff we had from our sponsors. I got the pfertz lot. Started using it yesterday on a 12g tank I keep set up just for plants I have no room for in the showy tanks.  I also came home with a bunch of new (to me) plants that I really have no room for in the showy tanks...guess where over half of them are now??!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

There sure we're a lot of nice items donated for the event. Looks and sounds like it would be a fun event.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Club events like these are terrific. It's good to hear that the sales/attendance were good...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Our spring auction is coming up May 3rd.  Always lots of fun.....

http://www.columbusfishclub.org/cafe-springfall-auctions/

Dennis