• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 07:17:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,348
  • Total Topics: 18,542
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 770
Total: 771

tuesday's coffee====>

Started by Mugwump, April 21, 2015, 06:05:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

....coffee's wonderful on this cold morn'n here...36 out right now, low 50's today...matter of fact, 50's til next week, and a possible freeze tonight, and tomorrow night... brrr  more putz'n today for sure  ;D ...and now, more coffee... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

We had storms here last night like we have back in Illinois. It was one noisy night but thankfully not tornadoes. Coffee good. Now to check on the fish room and the koi fry. I think I need to pull the parents since they won't let me clean up (they are relentless) and I am pretty sure they were go into full attack mode if I put any small BNs in that tank. lol ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 21, 2015, 06:39:08 AM
We had storms here last night like we have back in Illinois. It was one noisy night but thankfully not tornadoes. Coffee good. Now to check on the fish room and the koi fry. I think I need to pull the parents since they won't let me clean up (they are relentless) and I am pretty sure they were go into full attack mode if I put any small BNs in that tank. lol ;D ;D ;D

....they're doing what good parents do, that's all....aren't the fry algae nipping too...?  some spawns love the stuff...others, not so much.. 8)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 21, 2015, 06:42:49 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on April 21, 2015, 06:39:08 AM

....they're doing what good parents do, that's all....aren't the fry algae nipping too...?  some spawns love the stuff...others, not so much.. 8)

They appear to be grazing on that algae. There is also diatoms in there that they are grazing on. lol  ;D ;D ;D I just don't want the bacteria to buildup. So far they look good. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Snake a siphon into the front corner furthest from the group....if you hold it real still, the pair will accept it...I do this to get a few gallons every day when the raisers spawn.....even the plat didn't mind after the first few times.....train em...or they'll train you first...LOL
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on April 21, 2015, 07:05:51 AM
Snake a siphon into the front corner furthest from the group....if you hold it real still, the pair will accept it...I do this to get a few gallons every day when the raisers spawn.....even the plat didn't mind after the first few times.....train em...or they'll train you first...LOL

That's exactly what I did yesterday. I will do it again today. Hopefully I can get 20 to 25 percent out. ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on April 21, 2015, 07:42:06 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 21, 2015, 07:05:51 AM

That's exactly what I did yesterday. I will do it again today. Hopefully I can get 20 to 25 percent out. ;D

cool....they do get ornery tho, don't they...
Jon

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on April 21, 2015, 06:05:00 AM
....coffee's wonderful on this cold morn'n here...36 out right now, low 50's today...matter of fact, 50's til next week, and a possible freeze tonight, and tomorrow night... brrr  more putz'n today for sure  ;D ...and now, more coffee... ;D

I told you Spring was cancelled
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

Mugwump

Quote from: GraphicGr8s on April 21, 2015, 08:41:56 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on April 21, 2015, 06:05:00 AM

I told you Spring was cancelled

nope....this IS spring weather...... ;D   and it's just fine... ;D....the heat is off, except at night, and the air isn't needed yet....my electric bill loves it
Jon

Ron Sower

I've missed a couple days on here folks. Buyers and looky-lous are coming out of the woodwork and keeping me busy. Missed you too until last night when I read most of the postings.
For the past couple days....yup....coffee's been good. I like the kick start in the mornings. Our days have been in the 60s and yesterday the mid 70'. Today though, back to the 60's and cloudy and maybe some rain.

I will be going to have the diagnostic for my back one more time. It appears the placement of the needle to the L4-L5 facet could have been a little better last time which could be why i didn't get the relief. I spoke on the phone with a nurse yesterday. Asked her a lot of questions and got answers i'm comfortable with. She's works with the docs on this procedure a lot. So off I go at 1 today to get it done again.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 21, 2015, 09:53:35 AM
I've missed a couple days on here folks. Buyers and looky-lous are coming out of the woodwork and keeping me busy. Missed you too until last night when I read most of the postings.
For the past couple days....yup....coffee's been good. I like the kick start in the mornings. Our days have been in the 60s and yesterday the mid 70'. Today though, back to the 60's and cloudy and maybe some rain.

I will be going to have the diagnostic for my back one more time. It appears the placement of the needle to the L4-L5 facet could have been a little better last time which could be why i didn't get the relief. I spoke on the phone with a nurse yesterday. Asked her a lot of questions and got answers i'm comfortable with. She's works with the docs on this procedure a lot. So off I go at 1 today to get it done again.

Have that nurse paint a bullseye on your back so they can hit it this time, huh?....good luck..
Jon

PaulineMi

Best of luck Ron. Hope it works perfectly for you this time.   :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Back with the first doc this time. I'll bet she doesn't miss (although they never said he missed the target, just that the "placement could have been a little better at the L4-L5 facet)!!!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on April 21, 2015, 10:25:26 AM
Back with the first doc this time. I'll bet she doesn't miss (although they never said he missed the target, just that the "placement could have been a little better at the L4-L5 facet)!!!

LOL...that's 'mumbo jumbo' for wtf..missed it.... ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

Just tell them you don't want to see that other Bozo anymore Ron.  I treat Doctors just like car mechanics..... a screw up and I'm looking for another one.  Why people hold these incompetent Docs in high regard mystifies me.

Dennis