• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 11:00:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 313
Total: 314

Happy Tuesday

Started by wsantia1, February 27, 2024, 05:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you all are well. Spring is in the air here and while the current temp is only 35 degrees we will be getting to a high temp of 65 degrees this afternoon.

This will be our first 60 degree day of 2024. The downside of this "heatwave" is that rain will be moving in late this afternoon and will be sticking around through tomorrow evening.

Today is going to be a slow day around here so I might as well spend the day resting up. I'll probably do a little house cleaning first.

I have started a new project to have the carpets replaced in most of the house. I was going to replace them with hardwood but after looking at some flooring selections I decided to go with a vinyl plank/hardwood hybrid product. It looks and feels like real hardwood but it is completely waterproof and will last at least 25 years.

I need to do this because my allergies are getting too bad these days. I will still have carpeting in the two bedrooms but it is better than having it in the whole house. Stay tuned.

Wishing you all a great day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Hello all you guys and gals out there in Muggerville!

Still cloudy here today with expected hi of 71. Truly spring weather here with temps up to 89s back down into 60s.

Yesterday I picked up more of the coral red pencil fish from the same fellow that had them last time. They are beautiful little fish and look good in one of my 75s. I'm going to sell 5 to a steady customer who wants some.  I really hesitate, but he spends $100 almost every week on my fish and plants. Plus his daughter is such a little cutie, and this old grandpa gets hugs from her!☺️

Another couple from the club came over Sunday night for a visit with their two kids that I dearly love. More hugs!!! These two are old enough to help as runners in our club auctions. Mom & Dad are raising them to be respectful and engaging.

I think I miss my Granddaughter up in Tacoma.

I've just made my 3rd order from Dustin's Fish Tanks. His plants are really beautiful. His red plants are outstanding. This time I ordered their "Red Plant Package" instead of selecting specific plants. I'll see what comes in. They will arrive in time for me to take some to the club meeting auction.

Barb, sounds like you had a grand time with your family and Grandchickens. 😁 Liz, have you started your anecdote collection yet? And Willie, we put in the vinyl slat flooring and love it. Dennis, time for you to reappear here.

Take care all.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Howdy folks.  Temps in the upper 60's here the last two days.  Got a short ride in on the bike today.

The cancer treatments are starting to catch up with me and I'm going to quit my job, or at least give my two weeks notice on Friday.

I knew when I took this job that the day would come when I just couldn't cut it anymore, I just didn't think it would only be after 4 years.

I feel better already after coming to grips with the situation.  I've got lots to do around here to keep me busy for the foreseeable future.

I've also got lots of miles I want to travel on the bike and the clock is ticking.   ;)

LizStreithorst

Dennis, the clock is ticking for all of us due to one thing or the other.  Have as much fun as you can in the time left.

Today I had to go pick up my pain drugs.  As much as I hate them, I'd be stuck in bed for the rest of my life.  With them, I can still do what is fun for me.  As long as I was in town, I went to the feed store to see what they had in that I wanted to plant.  I picked up a Celebrity tomato and a Roma as well as a basil plant, a few red seed potatoes and a bunch of yellow onion sets, half of which I shared with Judy.  It's officially too soon to plant 'maters, so I decided to take them out of their cups, give them a larger pot, and stick the pot in the ground.  That way if we do have a freeze it will be easy to pull out the pots and bring them inside.  If not, after the last freeze date has passed I'll take them out of their pots and stick them in the ground for the rest of the growing season.  That won't be until tomorrow, though.  Right now, I need to rest a bit before WC time.  I'd like to plant more stuff, but I have to limit myself to things that the deer won't eat.

It appears that I have a constipated Discus. After WC, I'll move it to a tank by itself and dose the tank water with Epsom salts. 

That's it for me.  I'll check back in to see what Barb has to say.
Always move forward. Never look back.