• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 06:58:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 336
Total: 336

Sunday Morning

Started by wsantia1, February 25, 2024, 05:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Hello everyone. It is the start of a new week and while it will be cold and in the 30s today the rest of the week has several days into the 60s. I am looking forward to that because this "Cabin Fever" thing is for the birds.

I'm feeling better today which is surprising because I have done a lot of work in the fishroom the last couple of days and did not do anything to aggravate my back issues. Hopefully that trend continues.

Kobe has had a rough couple of days so I am keeping a close eye on him. He is coughing a little more these days but it's not that goose sounding cough that he was doing before he got on the meds for his partially collapsed trachea. I'll be keeping a close watch on him.

Barb and Liz in my subdivision they don't allow chickens but when I walk Kobe before dawn I always hear the roosters from the neighboring subdivisions and I imagine that they wake a lot of people up in the morning. Thanks to Kobe I'm always up before the chickens. :D   

Hopefully you all will have a great day and that like me you will all also have a great weather week.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Good morning everyone.

We're getting weather from the atmospheric river coming in from the pacific. It's cloudy yesterday and today, but warm. 75 yesterday and it's gonna be 81 today.

I'll have to wait another month for my cardinal tetras. Two bags of 40 arrived at Mike's doa. Bummer!😢 I have ppl waiting on them and I want 40 for my 75 as well.

I'm still enjoying my little aquarium business as it's going now. Meet a lot of ppl and getting to know some well as they return and bring spouses and kids. One has a severely autistic adult son and have been here several times. They came by my booth at the swap meet and the son shop my hand feebly. Next time his Dad came he told me that was the only time he had seen his son shake someone's hand! To me, that's kind of a blessing.

We invited our Canadian neighbors across the street over for a card game a couple nights ago. First time and we had an enjoyable evening. We told them to bring Pepper, their old farm dog. She's a sweet one, but was loaded with gas! That really broke through any ice layer that was there!

I guess there's no more newsy stuff to share. I stayed busy all week with the fishroom and our booths.

Have a good Sunday you guys and I hope you don't hurt.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

What a lovely story.  It could be in a book called Random Thoughts from Ron.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi everyone!  I have been visiting my kids and their spouses all weekend.  Would you believe my daughter Diane now has 33 chickens!! She has made them her new addiction. She plans to sell eggs, they have lots of co workers waiting to buy 12 at a time. Matt, husband, built her a beautiful chicken coop, and the yard for them to free range is newly fenced.  I got to hold one for a bit, the one that has her head pecked by the others and is in a hospital kennel indoors, with 5 new babies to keep her company while she hopefully heals up. Liz I will send you a few chicken pics soon. Good luck with your new rooster.

Willie glad to hear you feel better, hope Kobe keeps on.  Ron congrats with the fish booth and Liz, you do write well! See what you can come up with.  See you all tomorrow, need to get stuff done since I have been gone 48hrs.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Hi gang.  My neighbor asked me to groom her little dogs yesterday.  I couldn't say no.  How could I?  She'd been sick for 3 weeks with a kidney infection, said the little dude was hot, panting in bed all night and he stunk.  Well, he didn't stink to me, but I'm not the one sleeping next to him in bed.  She brought me lunch.  Judy is a great cook but doesn't know what a small appetite I have.  I had leftovers for the dogs and the chickens.
Afterwards, I was hurting and spent the rest of the day lying down in the fish room napping with Bruno and Stubby.  Luckily I did a WC on the majority of the tanks yesterday evening so all I had to do this evening were the 2 Discus tanks.  I'm fixin' to get into a hot bath to ease my discomforts then get in bed with my dear little yappers till morning. 

Barb, chickens can be an addiction that's hard to break.  I know.  I tried and failed myself. Sleep well and painlessly.  See y'all tomorrow.
Always move forward. Never look back.